Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,975 times

Advertisements

Blu Rays are overkill for watching on a laptop. But if you want you can copy your original Blu Rays to 25gb Blu Ray disks using Blu Cloner - Blu-ray copy software - Copy Blu-ray Movies to Blu-ray DVD-R/RE

Then you can watch your copied Blu Rays on your laptop.

I'm thinking about getting this -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129051

BD R DLs are too expensive still - Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,CD / DVD Burners & Media,CD / DVD Media,BD-R DL

Regular BD-Rs are around $2 each - Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,CD / DVD Burners & Media,CD / DVD Media,BD-R
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 06:49 PM

486 posts, read 2,113,063 times
Thanks for all your replies !!!!!

Not sure the route I will take in future movie viewing but for now I will press on.....whatever that means.

Maybe something magical will happen to my laptop and all will be fine.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 638 times
I bought a very high spec Sony Vaio notebook from the online shop with Blue Ray player in Dec 2012. It played one blueray disc for about a month but now refuses to play the same disc or any other blueray. It plays and burns DVD's and CD's OK. The player has two software programs, PowerDVD 9, and Power2Go 8 for the blueray. Tried to update the latter from the cyberlink site but the installation was aborted because 'You don't have the required version'. I talked to the 'helpful' Sony tech support and customer services and finally we concluded that I have been supplied with a free trial copy of the blueray software. There was no mention of this when I selected the BR player paying £60 more for the privilege. I have made my position clear to Sony: I bought a new computer and it must work as described, not for a month or three months but for always! The last person I spoke to in Sony CS agreed I seem to have been misled by the online shop.
I am still waiting for them to come back to me and will let you know what transpires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers