Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2006, 07:39 AM

28 posts, read 99,329 times

Advertisements

My husband has taken a job in Hamden so we just relocated from Wisconsin. We are trying to keep the commute to a minimum so we are looking at homes in Hamden, Cheshire, Branford, North Branford and Durham.

Any thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspjc
My husband has taken a job in Hamden so we just relocated from Wisconsin. We are trying to keep the commute to a minimum so we are looking at homes in Hamden, Cheshire, Branford, North Branford and Durham.

Any thoughts??
Helloooooooooo.................

What part of WI are you from? We're from Elkhorn (Sugar Creek). I'm going to visit friends that just moved from WI to CT. I'll let you know what I think of Durham......

Old 08-11-2006, 09:08 PM

119 posts, read 705,825 times
Durham is a very quaint town. Very nice. The minimum land you can own on a property I believe is 2 acres. My good friend lives there. I can't afford it myself because the land costs so much that the house you end up getting for say $300,000 is probably a 1,000-1,500 sf home that's much older and needs repair. I do love driving through there though. Very pretty. If you can afford it, I say go for it. But if you're looking for commercial retail stores and such you'll have to travel to another town for those conveniences.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:04 PM

291 posts, read 1,781,935 times
Mount Carmel area of Hamden is great. Cheshire,Northford,and most of North HAven is very nice.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,240 times
Default Quick commute? Avoid shoreline.

No to Branford, and North Branford if you're working in Hamden and really want a quick commute. Lots of nice areas in Hamden itself and different styles from very urban suburban to the truly suburban, so there's something for every taste (and pocketbook, as long as you can afford CT at all).

Old 08-14-2006, 02:57 PM

439 posts, read 721,417 times
Consider East Haven- nice town, on the shore, housing is reasonable (275K median home price) Nice center of town- also near Hamden consider Wallingford- nice town with reasonable housing costs (265Kmedian home) Also nearby the towns of North Haven, Woodbridge and Bethany-all nice towns, with good schools- and near Hamden. And Hamden itself is a very nice town- with lots of housing options and a real good school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut