Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM

21,516 posts, read 30,916,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Boy this thread has become a fishnet for trolls and fake posters. Wow.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:06 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,826,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Very accurate post! Although CT residents are not "racist," there is an undertone that just simply isn't exposed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
So refreshing to read this response instead of one that tries to avoid the subject by throwing out that ridiculous "troll" label.

Thanks for this response to the OP! Very informative because it reaffirms the extremely segregated aspect of CT that some of us who have never been to the state are unaware of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMBY_CT View Post
I wouldn't doubt it if Connecticut has the most CLOSET RACISTS in the entire country.

This state is one of the most segregated in the U.S.
^^^^^ What a load of crap..and misinformation. Alexus, you have to be kidding me...it affirms segregation in CT?? Uh...no...wrong again! Nimby...you joined CD to post this??? Please...

What the he** is going on with CD...why do these kind of posts permeate this forum???

Obviously posters are posting that know NOTHING about living in CT...someone posted in the Desiree Fontaine thread about the Black Coalition leader appearing with her in court....well ya know...the race card can always be pulled if something doesn't go in their favor....

and for the record, there are many whites that can't afford FFC...and they are not crying segregation.

Quote:
Boy this thread has become a fishnet for trolls and fake posters. Wow.
Jviello....never thought I would agree with you....but you are right....so tell me...why does City-Data attract so many trolls?????? You should read the parenting forum...it is a joke...why is this?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:11 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,916,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
Jviello....never thought I would agree with you....but you are right....so tell me...why does City-Data attract so many trolls?????? You should read the parenting forum...it is a joke...why is this?
First off...thanks for the kind words.

Second, IMHO 1. Google. People google something and this site shows up. 2. Exposure. The more exposure a "public opinion forum" gets, the more it gains the attention of those who basically spend their lives trying to shape public opinon and agenda...3. Some people are just dillusional.

That's my take.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,725,792 times
Quote:
What I find funny is that citizens of the United States think we are the only country in the "Americas".
I totally agree. Early in our country's history, there was some debate as to what citizens of the United States would be called. "Federalists" was one proposal. Many thought "Americans" was very presumptuous since the Canadians and Mexicans might object since they were/are Americans as well.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM

12 posts, read 45,172 times
Default thanks

[quote=nep321;15257831]

Anyway, I would recommend Bloomfield....

Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 AM

thanks for the suggestion. You're the second person to mention Bloomfield. I'll definetely look into it. By the way, the town doesn't have to be all black or even predominately black. It just needs to have some diversity -- like America does. But I appreciate your insight into the way things are segregated in Connecticut. It may not be possible to find a town that has a nice smattering of different groups.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 AM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Wow, no mention of Windsor? Isn't it the only community where the per capita income of Black families is slightly higher than that of White families in the US? It's about 27% Black and seems to have good schools too.
Wow, awesome. I'll look into it. But it may be too rich for me!

Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 AM

Default Good-bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutorreach View Post
We're thinking of accepting a job offer in Connecticut. We are looking for a nice middle to upper-middle class community that is racially/ethnically diverse and has great schools. Are there any towns/cities in CT that fit that bill? Also, is there much of a sense of community among African-Americans in CT? Any insights on race relations there and in general what it's like to live there would be appreciated.
Citi-data has always been helpful. I've planned vacations and looked into towns to possibly move to through this site. There are so many good people who take a minute of their time to help strangers. Thanks to everybody who tried to be helpful and addressed my specific question and understood where I was sincerely coming from. And even to the people who didn't address my question but used it for their own means, they were helpful in their own special way to help me see the state of race relations in Connecticut -- it's really a mess. The denial, the misinterpretations, the misunderstandings, the defensiveness, the anger. It all showed itself in like the 36 hours since this thread has been up. I'm blown away. Didn't really expect that. Despite my comments, I actually did place hope against hope that things were better. I'm bowing out of this thread now.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM

526 posts, read 997,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
At least in the parenting forum I think they are bored teenagers. Here I'm sad to say I think it's adults.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,827,207 times
Yeah, just look into Bloomfield and Windsor. Your daughter definitely wont feel out of place, in terms of racial breakdown. Bloomfield is about 54% black, and Windsor is 27% black, so that's a more realistic representation of America in general lol. Plus, I heard the schools are better in Windsor. I think all other towns are less than 5% black population, at least in Hartford county (excluding Hartford and New Britain).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut