Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 06:57 AM

17 posts, read 53,152 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My partner and I are moving to Connecticut in a few months and are looking at homes in the Norwalk-Bridgeport area. I've seen some homes in the North End of Bport and some south of 95. We're looking at at least a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, at least 1800 sq ft. and are willing to go to $325K. A couple of questions:

1. What are the areas to avoid in Bport? I know any parts of any given town can be rough, but I'm from Detroit so I know rough.

2. What's a better place in terms of city services and nightlife, culture, diversity, etc...Norwalk or Bport?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
In Bridgeport, I recomend the North End generally north of North Avenue (Route 1) and west of Main Street. Also nice is the Black Rock section west of Ellsworth Street. The Beardsley Park and Treeland sections of the city is nice too but stay north of Boston Avenue (Route 1) and east of Route 8/25. I hope this helps. Jay

Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 AM

2,358 posts, read 2,181,264 times
I agree with JayCT, the North End and Black Rock are the best options. Depending on your personal comfort level parts of the West and South Ends can find convenient neighbourhoods, but some parts isn't the prettiest of places. The only places I would advise to avoid are the Hollow, East Side, and East End.

Between the cities: Norwalk probably gets the nod on services, because they don't have the same kind of pressures on their system but Bridgeport's isn't bad per se. Both locales have lots of Diversity. Nightlife SoNo (South Norwalk) has many places beat but Bridgeport is finally starting to come around but don't forget Lower Fairfield county is a small place area wise and getting from one location to another is usually simple and quick outside of rush hours.

Best of luck!

~Cheers

Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM

129 posts, read 412,972 times
try stratford too.Lordship on the water...not quite Bridgeport nicer.Norwalk has great areas like West Norwalk or East Norwalk on the water too.Also check out condos there

Old 08-14-2010, 04:02 PM

17 posts, read 53,152 times
What about the area around Flax Hill Park in Norwalk....is that a nice area?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:13 PM

201 posts, read 727,179 times
Hi,
I'm also from Mi & my first house I owned back in 1989 was in Detroit proper!! Any way yes check out Lordship in Stratford - It's peaceful and beautiful and you'll be amazed with the prices.
Good Luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut