Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times

Advertisements

The only way to settle this racist argument is with a beer summit.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM

207 posts, read 452,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I'm glad the scumbag wasted himself instead of wasting millions of dollars of taxpayer money on his sorry behind.
We are in complete agreement and I am glad a police officer wasn't forced to do it.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbam View Post
Okay so now the girlfriend speaks and she says that it wasn't random that all of the victims where all people she heard him mention before... and yep he was the victim. pushed to the edge by a bunch of racist ... You have to ask yourself how did we get here and where are we going as a society?

Kristi Hannah, girlfriend of Omar Thornton, recalls gunman's goodbye, racism concerns
Billy, what did I tell you on the phone yesterday? I knew it, I just knew it but didn't post anything because I didn't want to speculate on a public forum. My gut was right, I knew this smelled of something targeted and racially driven like this.

I glad this guy is dead too, I only wish he screwed it up so he was paralyzed for the rest of his life or something.

As I've said in the past there is a wave of hatred coming from "brown folks" that matches the hatred whites put forth decades ago. I hope it comes to a head and and good "brown folks" stand up for what's right like many white folks did in the past.

I don't hate "blacks or latinos", I judge people by their character, not their skin color or economic background...anyone around me know that so don't try and label me. I'm just sharing what I see in reality.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:36 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Billy, what did I tell you on the phone yesterday? I knew it, I just knew it but didn't post anything because I didn't want to speculate on a public forum. My gut was right, I knew this smelled of something targeted and racially driven like this.

I glad this guy is dead too, I only wish he screwed it up so he was paralyzed for the rest of his life or something.

As I've said in the past there is a wave of hatred coming from "brown folks" that matches the hatred whites put forth decades ago. I hope it comes to a head and and good "brown folks" stand up for what's right like many white folks did in the past.

I don't hate "blacks or latinos", I judge people by their character, not their skin color or economic background...anyone around me know that so don't try and label me. I'm just sharing what I see in reality.
Agreed.

Here is an article that outlines how shocking it is that something happened like this in a safe city like Manchester:

A proud town struggles to understand - GreenwichTime

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Agreed.

Here is an article that outlines how shocking it is that something happened like this in a safe city like Manchester:

A proud town struggles to understand - GreenwichTime
Wow, nice article and pretty accurate actually.

I know the cop in the first picture (Officer Krom)...great guy, and I can see it in his face where his emotions are.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 PM

I just read the NY Daily News article in it's entirety.

I'm appalled. Disgusted. His girlfriend spent two pages trying to make Omar Thorton the victim. Inexcusable. I think she is just as crazy as him.

Even if all her claims were true, it doesn't give someone the right to kill. Period.

Here are the real victims:

* Bryan Cirigliano, 51, of Newington, Conn.: He was Thornton's union rep and a married father of two grown daughters who he was involved in his church.

"You couldn't ask for a better guy, a family guy," a neighbor told The Hartford Courant. "He was always out to help his fellow union members and wanted to give them a much better life."

* Craig Pepin, 60, of South Windsor, Conn.: A 30-year truck driver at Hartford Beer Distributors and a father of four, Pepin was hoping to retire soon. He was credited with preventing an even bigger slaughter by ordering co-workers out of the building before he went after Thornton.

A devoted Mets fan who played softball, Pepin coached Little League baseball and travel soccer in South Windsor.

* William Ackerman, 51, of South Windsor: He was described by pal Scott Marek as a gruff man with a heart of gold who "didn't take crap from anyone." He doted on his girlfriend's three kids and made sipping Grand Marnier by the fire while watching the first snowfall an annual tradition.

* Dough Scruton, 56, of Manchester, Conn.: A Teamster who worked on the dock, Scruton was just months from retiring to his New Hampshire getaway when he was killed.

"He was a basic, regular blue-collar guy and I loved him," his wife, Mikel O'Brien, told The Hartford Courant. "I'm going to miss him every single day. I'm just glad he kissed me goodbye when I saw him last."

* Edwin Kenninson Jr., 49, of East Hartford: A truck driver, Kennison was a diehard Yankees fan who had the team's "NY" logo tattooed on his arm and its World Series wins on his leg.

* Victor James, 60, of Windsor, Conn.: A truck driver with more than 30 years on the job, James was a grandfather of four who planned to fix up his Colonial-style home and tinker with his 1974 Chevy Impala when he retired.

* Louis Felder, 50, of Stamford: A father of two daughters, Felder was a respected member of Stamford's Orthodox-Jewish community. He was a supervisor at Hartford Distributors and also ran a consulting company called Warehouse Management Systems.

* Francis Fazio Jr., 57, of Bristol, Conn.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:

I'm appalled. Disgusted. His girlfriend spent two pages trying to make Omar Thorton the victim. Inexcusable. I think she is just as crazy as him.

Even if all her claims were true, it doesn't give someone the right to kill. Period.

* Bryan Cirigliano, 51, of Newington, Conn.: He was Thornton's union rep and a married father of two grown daughters who he was involved in his church.

"You couldn't ask for a better guy, a family guy," a neighbor told The Hartford Courant. "He was always out to help his fellow union members and wanted to give them a much better life."

* Craig Pepin, 60, of South Windsor, Conn.: A 30-year truck driver at Hartford Beer Distributors and a father of four, Pepin was hoping to retire soon. He was credited with preventing an even bigger slaughter by ordering co-workers out of the building before he went after Thornton.

A devoted Mets fan who played softball, Pepin coached Little League baseball and travel soccer in South Windsor.

* William Ackerman, 51, of South Windsor: He was described by pal Scott Marek as a gruff man with a heart of gold who "didn't take crap from anyone." He doted on his girlfriend's three kids and made sipping Grand Marnier by the fire while watching the first snowfall an annual tradition.

* Dough Scruton, 56, of Manchester, Conn.: A Teamster who worked on the dock, Scruton was just months from retiring to his New Hampshire getaway when he was killed.

"He was a basic, regular blue-collar guy and I loved him," his wife, Mikel O'Brien, told The Hartford Courant. "I'm going to miss him every single day. I'm just glad he kissed me goodbye when I saw him last."

* Edwin Kenninson Jr., 49, of East Hartford: A truck driver, Kennison was a diehard Yankees fan who had the team's "NY" logo tattooed on his arm and its World Series wins on his leg.

* Victor James, 60, of Windsor, Conn.: A truck driver with more than 30 years on the job, James was a grandfather of four who planned to fix up his Colonial-style home and tinker with his 1974 Chevy Impala when he retired.

* Louis Felder, 50, of Stamford: A father of two daughters, Felder was a respected member of Stamford's Orthodox-Jewish community. He was a supervisor at Hartford Distributors and also ran a consulting company called Warehouse Management Systems.

My heart breaks eight different ways for these men.

And when I think of Omar Thorton, my heart hardens like a stone. He's a victim? That's the logic that the girlfriend's using? My heart hardens even more.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 PM

9 posts, read 14,194 times
They caught the guy stealing Malt Liquer.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:33 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Lightbulb JViello...You Could Not Have been More Eloquent

Quote:

And I'll add a 'victim, my a**' to the mix...you just listed the victims, and my heart broke a little more each time I read about the lives the people won't be going back to...

Omar Thornton was a cowardly, murdering fool, who chose to demonstrate his inability to deal with the consequences of his actions by packing a gun and killing innocent people, rather than being a man and trying to deal with adversity---and then trying to couch his actions in some racial-harassment BS...kinda hard to 'pull the race card' when you're dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut