Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 PM

28 posts, read 36,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
These kinds of attacks are scary as hell and seemingly more frequent, especially in this economy. People who get "pushed" into a corner figure they have nothing to lose.
Yeah, the poor fool was discriminated against by evil whites.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:42 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewardbounder View Post
So what you're saying is that, if the other shooting victims were European Gentiles instead of European Jews, than this incident wasn't racially motivated? Because black on white crime waged against Goyim doesn't constitute racially-motivated crime, right? Yeah, just keep telling yourselves that...
All black on white crime is not racially motivated. All crime against Jews isn't motivated by anti-semitisim.

All evidence so far points to the likelihood that the shooter was motivated by employment issues.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 PM

28 posts, read 36,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
All black on white crime is not racially motivated. All crime against Jews isn't motivated by anti-semitisim.

All evidence so far points to the likelihood that the shooter was motivated by employment issues.
Whatever the motive, this is a really sad day... I hope this thief-bastard Omar Thomas rots in hell... if there even is one...

Old 08-03-2010, 02:48 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
Heroism prevented further tragedy in Manchester this morning. At least one Hartford Distributors employee who saw the shooter with a gun warned others at the Manchester company to run to safety, sacrificing himself. The alleged killer, identified as Omar S. Thornton, pursued that employee and shot him in the head, killing him, according to an eyewitness.
At least we know we still have heros in our midst...who knows how many lives he saved.

I can honestly say this is one of those times I wish...WISH someone was packing a weapon in that warehouse.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:51 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I can honestly say this is one of those times I wish...WISH someone was packing a weapon in that warehouse.
Can of worms, opened.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Can of worms, opened.
It's pretty cut and dry to me...it stopped a mass murder in Denver.
She described how the gunman, Matthew Murray, entered the east entrance of the church firing his gun. “There was chaos,” Assam said, as parishioners ran away. “I saw him coming through the doors” and took cover, Assam said. “I came out of cover and identified myself and engaged him and took him down.”
Michelle Malkin » Sunday horror: Church shootings in Colorado; gunman killed by armed female church security staffer; Update: Church volunteer rushed toward the gunman; victims ID’d; Who is the shooter?; Gunman reportedly ID’d; Update: Gu

Anywho, I wasn't trying to start a debate just sharing my personal feelings that it sucks these people were defensless against a monster.

I found this, this morning on Facebook but didn't share right away.

Welcome to Facebook

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs212.snc3/21972_101853443181513_100000705746941_48478_897462 _n.jpg (broken link)

I don't know how many Omar Thortons who like Hoffman's Gun Center can be in the Hartford area, but it was pretty suspicious to me. I've read a few reports saying this was him.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 PM

But wasn't this one of the legally owned and obtained weapons? I thought all legal gun owners were responsible, upstanding Americans?

While a legal gun may have prevented tragedy here, it also might have been part of the cause.

#Done. I am not engaging in a gun control debate, but there are two sides to everything.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:31 PM

512 posts, read 1,754,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
But wasn't this one of the legally owned and obtained weapons? I thought all legal gun owners were responsible, upstanding Americans?

While a legal gun may have prevented tragedy here, it also might have been part of the cause.

#Done. I am not engaging in a gun control debate, but there are two sides to everything.
The gun debate is irrelevant to someone offing 8 innocent individuals. Seriously, our second amendments will not always protect, but they'll give us the freedom to protect our families and give us a chance, especially if a government turns tyrannical.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
The gun debate is irrelevant to someone offing 8 innocent individuals. Seriously, our second amendments will not always protect, but they'll give us the freedom to protect our families and give us a chance, especially if a government turns tyrannical.
Pretty much it in a bag.

Total gun control doesn't work either, just look at the UK. At least with our system I KNOW if this happened around me, he'd get his death wish a little quicker and my family would see me that night.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Pretty much it in a bag.

Total gun control doesn't work either, just look at the UK. At least with our system I KNOW if this happened around me, he'd get his death wish a little quicker and my family would see me that night.
Uh huh... Except the murder rate is lower in the UK is lower. 3x lower.

Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut