Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 PM

293 posts, read 782,602 times

Advertisements

Looking to purchase a new bed, interested to see what places everyone else likes for value and selection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
I use to buy our bedding from Better Bedding because it was a locally based chain, they had good service and seemed to know more than the other stores. Now it is owned by the same company that operates Sleepy's who I dislike so I won't go there.

If I were to buy today I would probably buy from Connecticut Matress which is owned by the same family that owned Better Bedding. Their store is in Evergreen Walk in South Windsor. Here is a link to their website. Jay

Connecticut Mattress by Tom Wholley Now Open in South Windsor, CT

Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,436,931 times
I bought a mattress years ago from Bedding Barn in Enfield and had a very good experience, and the mattress is still wonderful.
Home - Bedding Barn - Adjustable Beds, Air Beds, Bed Frames etc., Blankets, Box Springs, Bunk Beds, Comforters , Custom Size Mattresses, Daybed Coverlets, Daybeds, Futon Covers, Futon Frames, Futon Mattresses, Headboards and Footboards, Mattress Pads

Old 07-30-2011, 08:58 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
I love my Bob-o-Pedic from Bob's. I wouldn't spend more.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
I love my Bob-o-Pedic from Bob's. I wouldn't spend more.

How long have you had this? Because I've read some horror stories about the quality of product out of Bob's, especially the bob o pedic

Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfromMA View Post
How long have you had this? Because I've read some horror stories about the quality of product out of Bob's, especially the bob o pedic
2 years, I can't see how it could possibly wear out. It's just memory foam.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:36 AM

I was just going off these reviews:

Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Mattress - All Sizes Reviews - Viewpoints

And there's a mention of a toxic smell, the beds being uncomfortable, etc. Yes, there are good reviews, but enough bad ones to give me pause

Old 08-21-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I use to buy our bedding from Better Bedding because it was a locally based chain, they had good service and seemed to know more than the other stores. Now it is owned by the same company that operates Sleepy's who I dislike so I won't go there.

If I were to buy today I would probably buy from Connecticut Matress which is owned by the same family that owned Better Bedding. Their store is in Evergreen Walk in South Windsor. Here is a link to their website. Jay

Connecticut Mattress by Tom Wholley Now Open in South Windsor, CT

Jenn and I drove out and checked the place out, met Tom (the guy on their site) and tested a few beds.

He was very friendly, not pushy (like the sales guy at Nassau Furniture who kept bothering us the whole time, telling us how we needed to buy today if we saw something we liked because it may not be there tomorrow, etc)

He also didn't try to push us onto purchasing a $4,000 bed. The first bed he recommended was in the $1,000 range for a queen.

We tried a few different beds and really liked the iComfort Insight model, which is a Serta memory foam matteress for $1,074 which comes with a free foundation plus two free contour foam pillows.

It's a fairly new product, so tough to gauge long-term how we'll respond to it. Plus we're used to traditional box spring/inner spring mattresses. So while it felt comfortable lying on it, how well we'll adjust to sleeping 8 hours is another question unanswered. But, there is a return policy and the price is within our range, so we're leaning towards this.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:07 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Just watch out for Bedbugs, you can even get them from new bedsets.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfromMA View Post
I was just going off these reviews:

Bob's Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic Mattress - All Sizes Reviews - Viewpoints

And there's a mention of a toxic smell, the beds being uncomfortable, etc. Yes, there are good reviews, but enough bad ones to give me pause
They have no smell whatsoever (not even when new) and are very comfortable.

Maybe they were referring to a latex model in the past, which would have a strong smell at first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut