Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 05:27 PM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guatmom2 View Post
Anyone know of a good place/ person to get delivered, seasoned, split wood in the Tolland area?

Thanks
T.
I've had much success with craigslist so try there first... Just ask the right questions when you call and be there for the delivery the first time at least..

See if any of these are near you. Otherwise ask some nurseries in the area (be ready to use your arm for payment)

Or look for signs around

hartford for sale / wanted classifieds "Firewood" - craigslist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:24 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
Someone in Danbury is selling the following: split seasoned wood, 18 feet long x 6+ feet high x 2 rows deep. Full bunch is $995, half is $525. Not sure if this is a good price but I thought I'd share. Advertised as enough to heat the whole winter. Anyway, if this is a good price, I suggest you join the Brookfield Tag Sale Facebook page. This is where I saw it advertised

You have to move it though

Old 08-04-2014, 02:48 PM

200 posts, read 241,347 times
Alright, ready for what winter has in store for us! This has been stacked since May (3 cord) and I have 2 cord of 18 month old wood stacked closer to the house. Although, I've been dipping into the seasoned wood (outdoor fire) with some of these excellent chilly summer nights!

Old 08-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Someone in Danbury is selling the following: split seasoned wood, 18 feet long x 6+ feet high x 2 rows deep. Full bunch is $995, half is $525. Not sure if this is a good price but I thought I'd share. Advertised as enough to heat the whole winter. Anyway, if this is a good price, I suggest you join the Brookfield Tag Sale Facebook page. This is where I saw it advertised

You have to move it though
18x6x3 = 324 Cu Ft. (you said 2 rows so I assume 18" length pieces each row)

1 true Cord is 128 Cu Ft. (4x4x8)

So he's selling 2.5 cords for $1000???!!!!! LOL I'm hoping there's a typo on your dimensions. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorneau View Post
Alright, ready for what winter has in store for us! This has been stacked since May (3 cord) and I have 2 cord of 18 month old wood stacked closer to the house. Although, I've been dipping into the seasoned wood (outdoor fire) with some of these excellent chilly summer nights!
Sweet! Raised and stacked to provide airflow in between. Nice work there. I'm not to good identifying when they're split but looks like majority of Oaks and Maples?

Old 08-04-2014, 03:51 PM

739 posts, read 1,848,029 times
Default Wood Stoves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I am ready for next winter. Lol. Finally finished stacking for next year.

Also, converting to natural gas next week. Just for resale value. Still going to burn. Just love every aspect of wood burning. Its nice to get outside, the smell of the wood, and great exercise. Worth every effort to have a nice fire.

Love this picture - we had a wood stove when we lived in CT for many years. Question: Have you never had a problem with keeping your wood supply so close to the house? We kept ours a little ways off in case of wood spiders and other unwanted guests nestling among the logs. I almost miss trudging through the snow to bring up some wood. Almost.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
18x6x3 = 324 Cu Ft. (you said 2 rows so I assume 18" length pieces each row)

1 true Cord is 128 Cu Ft. (4x4x8)

So he's selling 2.5 cords for $1000???!!!!! LOL I'm hoping there's a typo on your dimensions. lol

Here's an exact cut and paste of the ad he has posted on the Brookfield Tag Sale Site. If there are any typos, they are his

"Sold As 1 Huge Lot for $995 Or 1/2 Lot For $525..OBO.
Split Seasoned Firewood..You Pick Up..Buy Now And You Are Ready.
18 Feet Wide x Over 6 Feet Tall x 2 Rows Deep..Burn All Winter.
Excellent For Wood Stoves..Serious Replies Only..Danbury Pick Up
E-me Or Pm-me Back..Thanks, Bob."

He also posted a picture of the wood. I do not know how to upload pictures here though. If you want to try to walk me through it, I will try posting the picture for you later tonight.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Here's an exact cut and paste of the ad he has posted on the Brookfield Tag Sale Site. If there are any typos, they are his

"Sold As 1 Huge Lot for $995 Or 1/2 Lot For $525..OBO.
Split Seasoned Firewood..You Pick Up..Buy Now And You Are Ready.
18 Feet Wide x Over 6 Feet Tall x 2 Rows Deep..Burn All Winter.
Excellent For Wood Stoves..Serious Replies Only..Danbury Pick Up
E-me Or Pm-me Back..Thanks, Bob."

He also posted a picture of the wood. I do not know how to upload pictures here though. If you want to try to walk me through it, I will try posting the picture for you later tonight.
"over" 6 feet tall. I doubt it's 7 otherwise he would say 7.

"2 Rows deep" Unless the firewood pieces are 3 FEET in length this guy is a crook.

Let these posts be a lesson for newbies. Thanks for pointing this out. Contact him and ask him if he knows what a cord is and what it usually sells for.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
"over" 6 feet tall. I doubt it's 7 otherwise he would say 7.

"2 Rows deep" Unless the firewood pieces are 3 FEET in length this guy is a crook.

Let these posts be a lesson for newbies. Thanks for pointing this out. Contact him and ask him if he knows what a cord is and what it usually sells for.
Chilly, Got My Wood and Pellets Burning :)-wood.jpg

Let me know if this picture works. I know I posted pictures in the past, but I can't remember how I did it. LOL!
Just for my own info, what is a cord of wood supposed to cost? Thx

P.S. I see it worked Anyway, this is the picture that accompanied "Bob's" ad.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Just for my own info, what is a cord of wood supposed to cost? Thx.
Notice the picture doesn't show the depth! LMAO!!

You'll find the price of a cord anywhere between $190-260.

That entire "bunch" he has is worth closer to $600 NOT $1000. Unless this guy thinks each cord is worth over $350.

Also notice its not seasoned fully. (Only bottom pieces are showing the grayish tone)

Old 08-04-2014, 05:39 PM

442 posts, read 455,740 times
We are investing in a wood burning insert this year. They'll be out next week to measure. Now I have to get some seasoned logs delivered so I can block and split. I can't wait!

I'll let you know what I eventually get a truckload for.

El Scorcho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut