Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:13 AM

15 posts, read 43,668 times

Advertisements

My family lives in Connecticut and they are not facing any problem and issues living there and some bit problems always happens in every cities and still people are living. I mean people mainly choose this place for good atmosphere and better housing facilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Someone e-mailed this to me this morning - thought I'd post it here.

August 15 - Moved to our new home in Connecticut. It's so beautiful here. The ocean & Sound look so majestic. I can hardly wait to see it snow covered. I'm going to love it here!

October 14 - Connecticut is definitely the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the park and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise, I LOVE IT HERE!!

November 10 - Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous animal. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here. Those red and orange leaves have covered my yard. Looks like a magnificent multi-colored carpet. HOW BEAUTIFUL. Raking and cleaning up the yard will be an opportunity for invigorating exercise in the cool crisp air.

November 15 - Ah, more leaves and more exercise. WooHoo!

November 18 - Jesus, still more leaves. Guess it's best to wait until they've all fallen before I rake again.

November 25 - Finally, all of the trees lost their leaves and with today's final raking it's over for this season. Chiropractor suggested I use a lawn maintenance service next year. Only four blisters became infected. Should probably remember to use gloves.

November 30 - What the heck? Where did all of those leaves come from? Had a little wind last night, lost power, and the lawn is covered again. Oh well, they'll just have to wait until spring.

December 12 - It snowed last night, FINALLY. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. Kids had a snowday - hot coco, baked cookies, watched movies. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. Had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by and we had to shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I Love Connecticut!

December 14 - More snow last night, I love it. Kids had another snow day with cocoa, cookies! The snow plow did his trick to the driveway again. I love it here.

December 19 - More snow again last night. Can't get out of the driveway to get to work. Stuck with the kids. ****ing snowplow.

December 22 - More of that white crap fell again last night. Another snow day for the kids - screw hot coco. As if dealing with the leaves weren't bad enough, now I've got blisters all over my hands from shoveling, must remember to wear gloves. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm finished shoveling the driveway. The jerk.

December 25 - Merry ****ing Christmas. More ****ing snow. If I ever get my hands on that SOB who drives the snowplow, I swear to god... Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the ****ing ice.

January 4 - More white crap last night. Have cabin fever except for shoveling out the driveway after that plow goes through every time. ****ing gloves got wet and then froze on my hands. Doctor said it was just a mild case of frost bite, disfiguration is probably only temporary. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the crap tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

January 5 - The ****ing weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of that white crap. School was closed, and it took me 2 hours to drive 6 miles today because of morons, then came home. Kids built a snowman, I knocked it down. ****ing ice dams. Water.

January 7 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back I hit a damned deer that ran in front of my car. Did about $3000 damage. ****ing beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. The thing is rusting out from all the ****ing salt they put all over the roads.

May 8 - Found out I had Lyme Disease from the ****ing deer.

May 10 - Moved to Punta Gorda, Florida.
Is this the life story of old, fat 35+ people who never exercise and eat junk food?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
My beleaguered sense of populism says you should also throw in "Oh, my neighbors are not my best friends!"
They need to get out of their houses, first

They're like rodents. They get out only to get groceries and then burrow back in

Old 02-08-2011, 07:28 PM

11 posts, read 28,471 times
I thought someone IRL posted this. I wonder what part of CT they lived in? Hehe, not really laughing, was about to post, beware of deer, they'll hit your car, and also give you Lyme Disease.
Oh, to the pet owners here, you MUST get your dogs Lyme Disease shot. If they are puppies, they have to have 2 series of them, about a month or so apart.. Don't forget to get them. My friend's young dog almost died from them.... they didn't even live up north. They were in the south too.
People kept telling them Lyme Disease didn't exist there. Lies, lies..

Yeah.. the deer will definitely hit your car, be very careful!! They are very athletic animals. They can jump right over the hood of big truck, let alone a car!
try googling deaths from Deer in Colorado, it's a big problem there, but CT, has mega forest..
TY GOD for that! At the developers up there, are wise enough to not turn all the lots they buy into parking lots! But.. with that.. and with people feeding them, becuase they think they're beautiful, and then no hunters coming to cull them out (kill them) they start to overpopulate an area.
Not good! There's stuff called Mosquito barrier you can put outside on your lawn to help prevent those nasty deer ticks that come with the deer. the deer are hosts to the deer ticks, OP! Deer ticks can carry Lyme Disease, a nasty disease to get.

Doesn't CT have gorgeous forests though? I'm a big fan of woods. I used to draw this little cartoon character.. he looked like a wood nymph.. hehe...

Where do people get treated for this disease in CT?
We are pretty sure we got it ourselves. Cannot find a doctor to treat us.. We need to though. Anyone know of good dr. in CT who treat people for Lyme Disease?

I know.. the cabin fever thing, stinks doesn't it? You're sort of like a prisoner in your own house! Arrgh..
well, go outside and make some snowmen. You should of seen the wonderful huge snow sculptures the students at UConn used to make in the snow in the winter time. They made a dragon one time. It was huge! about 12 feet long and 8 feet high! Uconn is a great place.
Go Huskies!
But I'll tell you something, that Lyme Disease is spreadin all down the east coast. They say there's now 25 million deer in our country. That's 10% of the American population some years ago...
Pretty drastic huh? Get friend with a hunter. Boy that venison is GOOD stuff! yum yum..
Yeah, they're pretty, but they're super dangerous too.. But they are tasty animals. They ought to start a venison restaurant somewhere in CT and have a whole chain of them.
Any restaurant enterpreneurs out there? Take my hint and make some chains of these restaurants.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Did I just read a twitter explosion?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 AM

28 posts, read 46,628 times
Muahahahahahaha!

To expound...

September - May: Hit traffic on the expressway.
September - May: Never met my neighbors!
September - May: What the hay is a "grinder"?
September - May: Hit four potholes daily.
September - May: Read about/heard about/dodged bullets in New Haven and Bridgeport.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:19 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Did I just read a twitter explosion?
Perhaps a hillbilly philosopher?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:45 PM

543 posts, read 1,900,985 times
Let's be honest here, you could find a post like this on any state board.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc2nyc View Post
Let's be honest here, you could find a post like this on any state board.
I can tell you haven't lived in CT.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I can tell you haven't lived in CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut