Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times

Advertisements

Alright, so I have taken the terrible ramp into I-95 a million times by the elm street junction which proceeds down to the cove area. Now this is where I find a band of mexicans waiting for work, groups of them. Slowly employers drive by and hire a few.

This morning I found a huge CT police SUV with lights flashing and parked in the area. And not a soul in the immediate vicinity. And sure as hell, I broke out into incessant laughter. I was like, where have you boys been??? It was funny, though I feel sorry for the Mexicans for I have always empathized with their situation.

And a few exits down, I was taking the ramp into noroton station and I found two police cars with sirens on and having pulled a Fedex truck over. A Fedex truck, LMAO. I would never imagine a Fedex vehicle violating traffic laws, but anyway.... what's going on with the police? Is there a reform revolution going thru within the rank and file?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 07:22 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
What's with all the pointless threads lately?

Old 02-22-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
What's with all the pointless threads lately?
The board cop.

Officer, go ahead and read me my rights.

<stretches his hands out for the cuff>

Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
Can they come back randomly 3 time a week? That' would be great.

Oh wait, here comes some article from some bleeding heart reporter that says the police are profiling, mean, heartless etc like they did in Shtaven. (East Haven.)

Then again, one has to wonder if this is a slap in the face to the mayor who made the city a sanctuary city for illegals in retaliation for recent "events".

Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The board cop.
I'm not the moderator here - Jay is.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 AM

856 posts, read 2,014,694 times
It's about time we crack down on the "takers."

It needs to be done...if you're here illegally you have to go, if you can't be bothered to lift a finger and pay your taxes you need a penalty, if you collect a tax return without paying any freaking taxes you need to volunteer...or at least get off your butt and pick up the trash blowing around your neighborhood! I watched the footage of Malloy's first town hall...I hated seeing people standing up and saying "what are you doing to get people who can afford more to pay more." What happens when companies have to pay more...I'll tell you...my former employer had to pay more...now I am forced to look for a new employer b/c my job was moved to NJ. Sorry if it sounds negative but I've been watching my taxes, expenses, and neighborhood turn to crap for the last 5-10 years and I'm just so sick of it.

I want freeloaders to pay and if that means finally getting the necessary city backing to round up day laborers on the highway I'm all for it. If it means taking away assistance from people who sit on their butts all day then I'm all for it. It's reasons like this I am FOR the Value Added Tax (VAT) so that the freeloaders have to pay their share. Add the VAT and when it's successful start taking away some of the other taxes (Gas, Property, etc.). As scary as starting the VAT may seem I can't see any other way for tax equality.

Okay...soap box end...sorry...

Old 02-22-2011, 12:27 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinJ View Post
I watched the footage of Malloy's first town hall...I hated seeing people standing up and saying "what are you doing to get people who can afford more to pay more."
I don't disagree with you but just know those "meetings" are stacked full of union and special interest people. The real citizens get turned away or told "full". It's a joke and political propaganda to get people like you to think their agenda is "okay".

Here is my response to Malloy doing a town hall meeting. The fix is in...it's been in.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 AM

A little experiment this morning.

So I'm heading for the gym circa 6:45 am and at the same spot a horde of amigos in stacked jackets. So I went into the area and posed as an employer, looking for people to paint my house. Two guys and I were talking and I eventually felt bad for scamming them and gave them ten bucks each. I wiggled out of the place with more lies.

Anyway, no police vehicles and the guys were joking in the very little English they speak that the cops come over there, kind of once a month

And that's it. And they pretty much get signalled that cops are around and nobody comes to the spot. Today I was reflecting in the train and I got a new idea of writing a book. It will be titled Amigo Nation. Just kidding

At least Dubya had a nice scheme of fast tracking their legal status so they can be taxed.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,447,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
A little experiment this morning.

So I'm heading for the gym circa 6:45 am and at the same spot a horde of amigos in stacked jackets. So I went into the area and posed as an employer, looking for people to paint my house. Two guys and I were talking and I eventually felt bad for scamming them and gave them ten bucks each. I wiggled out of the place with more lies.

Anyway, no police vehicles and the guys were joking in the very little English they speak that the cops come over there, kind of once a month

And that's it. And they pretty much get signalled that cops are around and nobody comes to the spot. Today I was reflecting in the train and I got a new idea of writing a book. It will be titled Amigo Nation. Just kidding

At least Dubya had a nice scheme of fast tracking their legal status so they can be taxed.
It's pretty obvious the cops only did 1 bust to make it look like they accomplished something following a complaint. CT city cops rarely ever take care of things like this; just look at Danbury.

As for the "fast tracking" of illegals, note that many employers withhold taxes from illegals' paychecks just to make sure the Feds don't start investigations on their businesses. If we could force more employers to pay into the system when they hire illegals we wouldn't need to reward criminals with citizenship/legal residency. Kind of an old article, but this details what I'm talking about: Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com

Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
It's pretty obvious the cops only did 1 bust to make it look like they accomplished something following a complaint. CT city cops rarely ever take care of things like this; just look at Danbury.
They would love to do something about it, but they can't without being backed up by the Feds. Officers have certain statutes that they're limited to - as for the rest, well, their hands are tied.

And FYI - there was no "bust" of this sort yesterday in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut