Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don't think so either. The responses to this thread are just a reminder that when people disapprove of an elected official, they'll give 'em heat for just breathing. We saw it with Bush and the Republicans, now with Obama and the Democrats. Unfortunately I see it on a day to day basis at work; when someone is disliked, they'll catch the brunt of everything, even when it is known that other colleagues are guilty of the same thing. Human nature, I suppose.
I don't disagree with that in a general sense, but this comment is a play on the "anti-christ" a pretty big deal for many Christians and really, should politicians be making tongue in cheek religious statements?

I don't think so, and I think for the governor of the state it's poor taste. I would say the same thing about Christie if he made some comment like that. It's just poor taste and not needed.

I'm far from offended - not much does really. I'm just saying it as I see it regardless of political affiliation.

Either way, Malloy is bought and paid for by the public sector unions and the entitlement class, so no matter what we think it doesn't matter.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
This comment is completely bad taste. How can you guys say it's A-okay? I'm not offended by it, but there's OBVIOUSLY a subliminal message in his comment. He OBVIOUSLY related the word "Christ" to the word "Christie" and "anti-christ" and fused them together. If this comment is not bad taste, then what is? C'mon.

With that said, I approve of the job Christie is doing in NJ and strongly disapprove of Malloy's performance here in CT. Finally, someone who actually takes action to save money instead of raising taxes. Once taxes are raised, it's highly unlikely they will be decreased later on.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
This comment is completely bad taste. How can you guys say it's A-okay? I'm not offended by it, but there's OBVIOUSLY a subliminal message in his comment. He OBVIOUSLY related the word "Christ" to the word "Christie" and "anti-christ" and fused them together. If this comment is not bad taste, then what is? C'mon.

With that said, I approve of the job Christie is doing in NJ and strongly disapprove of Malloy's performance here in CT. Finally, someone who actually takes action to save money instead of raising taxes. Once taxes are raised, it's highly unlikely they will be decreased later on.
Agreed.

Does anyone realize, the next budget is larger than the current one? Yes, we are still spending more, and increasing the size of state government. WHILE we have a 3.5 BILLION dollar deficit that we took a loan out last year to pay. We took out a LOAN TO PAY OUR BILLS and we are still increasing spending. Try that in your house and see how long it lasts.

WTF?

Oh, but it's "less" of an "increase" which means "cut" in politician speech.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
This comment is completely bad taste. How can you guys say it's A-okay? I'm not offended by it, but there's OBVIOUSLY a subliminal message in his comment. He OBVIOUSLY related the word "Christ" to the word "Christie" and "anti-christ" and fused them together.
Oh jeeze, get a life. How is this significant in ANY way?

For more tax and spending complaints, maybe we can stick to one thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/conne...perty-tax.html

Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I don't think the comment is even in bad taste. Why is it such a big deal? Molloy has a different approach to solving the state's fiscal crisis. While Christie is ready to take on the unions, Molloy is not. While Christie is ready to cancel major infrastructure projects that would shape the future of the state, Molloy is not. While Christie is ready to fight for the middle class, Molloy is not. It will be interesting to see who wins. Jay
Haha , yea right , there both Just your average Northeastern Politician..... Self-Serving and rude.... To be honest while Christie hasn't realized Taxes , hes not addressing alot of key issues...and ignoring or putting a patch on problems.... I'm so sick of people saying "oh , Christie is our hero" , Hes not..... Hes also sneaking with cutting programs or trying to cut programs that stimulate the Urban economies...... Hes got some good points , but hes just another NE Politician....

Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Funny thing is if it was a demonic pun on ANY other religion most people would be very upset, I still wouldn't care. And talk of taxes & the state economy IMO certainly fit into this thread because its what gave him the inclination to say what he said. That said I think his comment is a fitting analogy in that his agenda has zero concern for the well being of his state's citizens outside of his own select group of minions.

Quote:
JV said,
Does anyone realize, the next budget is larger than the current one? Yes, we are still spending more, and increasing the size of state government. WHILE we have a 3.5 BILLION dollar deficit that we took a loan out last year to pay. We took out a LOAN TO PAY OUR BILLS and we are still increasing spending. Try that in your house and see how long it lasts.
Exactly, if those arent the actions of an idiot nothing is.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Oh jeeze, get a life. How is this significant in ANY way?

For more tax and spending complaints, maybe we can stick to one thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/conne...perty-tax.html
You don't have to respond to this thread if the topic doesn't interest you. To some of us, it is signficant news. These days, politicians need to be sensitive about the language they use.

That thread is now old. I don't want to revive an old thread. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
The topic of this thread is Molloy's comment and not his tax proposal. That is being covered under a different thread. Please comment only on what the OP originally intended or your post will be deleted as off topic. Thank you, JayCT, Moderator

Last edited by JayCT; 03-03-2011 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo

Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Haha , yea right , there both Just your average Northeastern Politician..... Self-Serving and rude.... To be honest while Christie hasn't realized Taxes , hes not addressing alot of key issues...and ignoring or putting a patch on problems.... I'm so sick of people saying "oh , Christie is our hero" , Hes not..... Hes also sneaking with cutting programs or trying to cut programs that stimulate the Urban economies...... Hes got some good points , but hes just another NE Politician....
Very interesting take on Christie. Do many others in NJ share your thoughts? What is being said on the NJ Board? I ask because I have friends in NJ and they loved Christie for taking on the unions but I am not sure about his position on killing ARC which my friends really supported. I have not talked with them recently about this but wonder if they are still in agreement with many of his proposals now. Jay

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Very interesting take on Christie. Do many others in NJ share your thoughts? What is being said on the NJ Board? I ask because I have friends in NJ and they loved Christie for taking on the unions but I am not sure about his position on killing ARC which my friends really supported. I have not talked with them recently about this but wonder if they are still in agreement with many of his proposals now. Jay
Its mixed , i have to admit i do like him somewhat , but hes sneaking and doesn't seem to have a long term solution...only patches...... New Jerseyites want jobs in NJ , we would also like our cities to be cleaned up...hes addressed this problem with patch solutions like ppl in the past have. The ARC in my opinion had to go , but proposing the 7 line extension was stupid.... At least he likes the Gateway Project , which will kill the 7 to NJ. Taxes are still raising and he doesn't seem to be addressing that too well....instead hes trying to take away the UEZ program which allows for 3% sales tax in Urban / Railway Suburban towns....which in a way is a tax hike. That would really hurt the economy of this state , the UEZ's attract New Yorkers by the 10,000s daily....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut