Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,355 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are moving to Westport, ct and wondering which Middle School has a better reputation- Bedford or Coleytown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 05:29 PM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
I honestly do not think that there is much difference between them. Westport has excellent schools and the curriculum is fairly uniform. Either school will be great. Westport is great town with a lot to offer. I am sure you will be very happy there. Good luck, Jay

Old 07-26-2007, 02:22 PM

67 posts, read 227,782 times
I agree with Jay. When you are talking about Westport you are fine with either school. I have not heard one bad word about any school in that town.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:34 PM

572 posts, read 2,088,846 times
Yes, Westport has excellent education. It doesn't matter which school when both are among the best in the state. There has been talk recently about mold in Kings Hwy Elem School but district officials have been adamant about discounting the accusations by some parents. Either way, I wouldn't be worried. Your children will receive a fine education in Westport.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 8,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb1235 View Post
Hello! We are moving to Westport, ct and wondering which Middle School has a better reputation- Bedford or Coleytown?
in terms of facilities, Bedford was more recently built and is a more modern building

Old 08-10-2007, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 8,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
Yes, Westport has excellent education. It doesn't matter which school when both are among the best in the state. There has been talk recently about mold in Kings Hwy Elem School but district officials have been adamant about discounting the accusations by some parents. Either way, I wouldn't be worried. Your children will receive a fine education in Westport.
the mold situation was serious enough for the First Selectman to hire an independent consultant over the objections of the school administration and to lead his own assessment of the air quality at KHS.

you can learn more at KHS Clean Air .org or by reading articles at WestportNow.com - Westport, Connecticut's 24-hours News and Information Source and Westport News - Home

Old 09-13-2007, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 9,052 times
Just look them up for comparison on greatschools.net - Coleytown tests in the upper upper eschelons, and Bedford only in the upper. Yes, Bedford is newer, but Coleytown students test higher. They may have accordingly higher stress levels, but physically, it's a nice, attractive, cozy school as middle schools go. I agree with previous postings that there isn't much difference and you'll be happy with either, but there is a clear answer to the question. Coleytown has a better rep. You're probably better off making a home decision based on other things, such as proximity to the type of transportation you'll be taking to work, or being in bicycle range of the beach, if that's important to you. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut