Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Perhaps because the Saudis who did that were enemies of the Saudi govt?

Says who? Its no secret that the Saudis provide millions if not billions in funding to islamic extremists. Of course they will say that they oppose terrorism, we give them billions in foreign aid, they support terrorists, but they arent stupid. You can believe the words from the mouths of our enemies if you wish, I wont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
perhaps its convenience to major universities has something to do with it? And perhaps its not so dangerous it needs to be in the Nevada desert?

Or perhaps you like the kool aid better than I do. Do you have evidence that our major universities are involved in research on what appears to be a place off limits to most of us?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Oddly, the most secret US military plans, etc are foud in the Pentagon, in highly populated Arlington Virginia. The CIA, where all these eevil plots are presumably created, is in McLean Virginia, right by the capital Beltway.

Why do you think isolation is necessary for secrecy?

Isolation isn't needed for secret documents or meetings, but its needed for dangerous biological research. Why do you suppose they chose an island off CT instead of the basement of the pentagon?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
This thread is getting off topic. The post is about Plum Island which is off the coast of Connecticut. Please return to the original topic of discussion. Thank you, JayCT, Moderator

Old 03-17-2011, 03:52 PM

576 posts, read 1,218,307 times
This could be connected to the Skulls and Bones

Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM

323 posts, read 633,816 times
Well, I guess residents could try to petition the government to move/close the site, but I almost feel that New Englanders are too well behaved for this kind of stuff. There is such a large mass of intelligence here that goes to waste sometimes, in terms of what can be accomplished. For me, I'll be reading "Plum Island" soon.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 AM

37 posts, read 136,522 times
Even Hannibal Lecter did not want to summer on Plum Island.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:11 AM

168 posts, read 275,334 times
Default And it took you now to realize this

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I've known about this for a while now, but tend to forget about it and revisit from time to time. I'm not some tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy freak, but do the people of CT realize we have an island designated biolevel 4 for disease experimentation off the coast of Old Lyme? It's called Plum Island, and when you start to look into it, it's pretty downright terrifying.

A biolevel 4 facility entails self-contained respirator suits and pathogens for which there are no known cures or vaccines. They also work with zoonotic diseases, which is a disease that jumps species barrier. In other words, a disease of animals that would also infect humans. (West Nile anyone?)

Theoretically, Plum Island can work with Ebola and other virulent viruses, bacteria and mycoplasma.

These are things NOT ALLOWED on the US mainland.

Some believe this is where Lyme Disease came from (The godfather of Plum Island was an ex-Nazi, and his expertise was infecting ticks and mosquitoes with biological germs.), and I'm pretty sure it's been determined now that it was the source of the Montauk Monster (Montauk Monster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Pakistani neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui, a suspected al-Qaeda member, was arrested in Afghanistan in July 2008, she had in her handbag handwritten notes referring to a "mass casualty attack" that listed various U.S. locations, including the Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

Here is some reading about it:

This is probably one of the few times I've actually agreed with Blumenthal:
Attorney General: Attorney General Fights Proposed Plum Island Lab That Would Study Deadliest Animal And Human Diseases

Jesse Ventura's Trip to Plum Island - Roger Catlin | TV Eye

The Truth About Plum Island - Part 1

The Deadly Fools Of Plum Island

The Poison Plum - Chilling novel exposing the rampaging epidemic of Lyme Disease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1tpVQ6koA

This is been known for years. Take a boat near Plum and the Coasties will ram you. It took now to realize it

Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviello
I've known about this for a while now, but tend to forget about it and revisit from time to time.

This is been known for years. Take a boat near Plum and the Coasties will ram you. It took now to realize it

Old 09-30-2011, 02:12 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,762 times
News out today that Plum Island is being sold: U.S. government puts Plum Island up for sale | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut