Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 03:35 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times

Advertisements

Did a little leg work on Indigo Indian Bistro in Manchester today.

Welllll, I walk in and see a familiar face. It turns out the owner (Whom I know), used to own UTSAV in Vernon. UTSAV is one of the best Indian restaurants in the state and has earned all sorts of awards. He sold the place and opened Indigo.

The place was PACKED, the food excellent. He also installed a dedicated large buffet bar about 16 feet long and will be focusing on buffets too. Very nice.

Best Inidan Restaurant @ India New England 2011 - IndiGo Indian Bistro (Indian Restaurant)

I think I have a good chance of picking up this account. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
Max fish and Max Amore in Glastonbury pretty outstanding too, Max Amore first restaurant we ate in when we moved from NY to Glastonbury, I was very happy.

J gilberts is good but over rated to us. Mortons more betterer

Glastonbury Coffee House makes decent pancakes for cheap.

We do not like the 99. Nope, not for us.

Also, I was very surprised went to a comedy show not too long ago at City Steam in Hartford, food was actually very very good.
MAx Amore is good but we really do not go out for Italian often. We also go to the Glastonbury Coffee Shop for breakfast and an occasional lunch but it is not anything special. The 99 is where we take the kids. It is better than a fast food place and Friendly's but not where we would go for an adult night out. As for Gilberts, I agree. The food is good but the decor is horrible. The 99 is nicer. I don't like paying $150 for a meal and only get to look at cheap restaurant chain decor. Jay

Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Did a little leg work on Indigo Indian Bistro in Manchester today.

Welllll, I walk in and see a familiar face. It turns out the owner (Whom I know), used to own UTSAV in Vernon. UTSAV is one of the best Indian restaurants in the state and has earned all sorts of awards. He sold the place and opened Indigo.

The place was PACKED, the food excellent. He also installed a dedicated large buffet bar about 16 feet long and will be focusing on buffets too. Very nice.

Best Inidan Restaurant @ India New England 2011 - IndiGo Indian Bistro (Indian Restaurant)

I think I have a good chance of picking up this account. lol
Thanks for the tip. For Indian west of the river, we find ourselves going back repeatedly to Naatiya Indian Restaurant in Bloomfield and Priya Indian Cuisine, Hartford in Rocky Hill. They both serve the cuisine of southern India, which is quite different from the standard menus you'll find in most places.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
Thanks for the tip. For Indian west of the river, we find ourselves going back repeatedly to Naatiya Indian Restaurant in Bloomfield and Priya Indian Cuisine, Hartford in Rocky Hill. They both serve the cuisine of southern India, which is quite different from the standard menus you'll find in most places.
Nice! Thanks for the link to Naatiya, I've never been there. I have been to Priya for years. Great place, good food.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
Good call on Naatiya! Great food and the service is wonderful. Lovely people.

Also, JViello, earlier in the thread you mentioned dirt wings at J. Timothy's. I've been craving them (and drooling) since I read your post yesterday. We haven't been there in a long time; we're definitely due.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:05 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The 99 is where we take the kids. It is better than a fast food place and Friendly's but not where we would go for an adult night out.
Their entree's are "edible", but their appetizers are not. At all.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,022 times
This should be on as STICKY thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Also, JViello, earlier in the thread you mentioned dirt wings at J. Timothy's. I've been craving them (and drooling) since I read your post yesterday. We haven't been there in a long time; we're definitely due.
Sorry.

They are evil. lol

Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Their entree's are "edible", but their appetizers are not. At all.
I sometimes get their wings and skins appetizer as my entree. I find it to be fine. I can't say that I tried many other ones though. Jay

Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 PM

680 posts, read 1,576,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgorfain View Post
It's a chain and like Ruth Chris and Capitol Grille more about smart marketing than great meat. The pregame presentation of meat on a platter is pure showbusiness.

At least they have aged, as opposed to Capitol Grille. However, it's wet aged, a short cut that's cheaper and faster than traditional dry aging.

Until last year, we had the Steak Loft in Stamford, which was Lugers good, the owner on premises and the meat from New York's best purveyor. Alas nothing has replaced that down here.
Do you mean Steak Loft in Central? I cant find a steak loft in Stamford. Address please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut