Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times

Advertisements

It's not making it legal. It's making discrimination against someone doing something legal, illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It's not making it legal. It's making discrimination against someone doing something legal, illegal.

Umm, no. It WAS illegal for a MAN to walk into an occupied women's bathroom. Now its not. As long as he is gay, which IS discriminatory against normal men. In order to support this sort of thing you really do need to throw rational thought out the window. There is NO way to determine who is gay & who is not, other than their own words. So ANY man can now don a dress & enter any ladies room. This Governor & those that support him should probably be committed.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I honestly do not recognize my state any longer. Bathroom Bill HB6599 has passed commitee and the amendments asked for by the Family Institute of CT and several legislators were shot down.

So, basically any male can now claim to be "sexually unsure" toss on a dress and use the ladies room or join an all female gym. This is a sexual predators DREAM.

The amendment to have "transitioning" K through 5 teachers suspend until their "transition" was complete was shot down. So Kindergarteners will be subject to Mrs Jones morphing into Mr Jones. Great, I'm sure they are ready to deal with that at 5 years old.

Below is a play by play via Facebook from Peter Woflgang of the FIC who was the fly on the wall.
TR's amendment, which would have cured the bathroom part of the bill, voted down on an almost-straight party-line vote. Democrats WANT this to be the Bathroom Bill.

Committee just voted NO on amendment that would at least allow Boards of Ed to suspend "transitioning" K-5 teachers until they're done "transitioning." Judiciary Committee wants to expose small children even to THIS.

Committee voted down amendment to increase criminal penalty if sex predator uses transgender law to commit bathroom attacks.

Bill passed out of committee by wide margin. Linda, I have Albis voting no but my staffer says he voted yes. Will get clarification.
This state has gone mad. Absolutely mad.
Connecticut is vying from the tile "home of fruits and nuts"...be careful California.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:28 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Umm, no. It WAS illegal for a MAN to walk into an occupied women's bathroom. Now its not. As long as he is gay, which IS discriminatory against normal men. In order to support this sort of thing you really do need to throw rational thought out the window. There is NO way to determine who is gay & who is not, other than their own words. So ANY man can now don a dress & enter any ladies room. This Governor & those that support him should probably be committed.
Again, this law has nothing to do with gay. Gay men are male. Period. Your post is insulting.

This law has to do with gender identity, something totally different than sexuality. Gender identity (as has been written before in this thread) is whether someone identifies themself as male or female regardless of physical biology. Sexuality is whether one finds themself attract to the opposite sex or same sex.

Perhaps you should take time to understand an issue before you insult a group of people with your own ignorance.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Again, this law has nothing to do with gay. Gay men are male. Period. Your post is insulting.

This law has to do with gender identity, something totally different than sexuality. Gender identity (as has been written before in this thread) is whether someone identifies themself as male or female regardless of physical biology. Sexuality is whether one finds themself attract to the opposite sex or same sex.

Perhaps you should take time to understand an issue before you insult a group of people with your own ignorance.
As much as it pains me. () I have to agree with you on this. In fact, many in the psychology field deem "transgender" as a mental illness, and I've yet to find that for the homosexual debate from a non partisan medical perspective.

(It's your birthday Mark...enjoy it. lol )

Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
As much as it pains me. () I have to agree with you on this. In fact, many in the psychology field deem "transgender" as a mental illness, and I've yet to find that for the homosexual debate from a non partisan medical perspective.

(It's your birthday Mark...enjoy it. lol )
JViello agreeing with Mlassoff! Will wonders never cease. Jay

Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
Next time I come to CT I'll have to pack a sexy dress & black leather stiletto pumps along with my regular male clothes.

That way, if my feminine side wants to come out and have some fun, then it can, no questions asked, in the Nutmeg State.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Quote:
If you are talking about the WI incident, it had nothing to do with this law, however, it does demonstrate what a can of worms this opens.

Sex offender caught dressed as woman in girls dressing room at Milwaukie-area swim park | OregonLive.com

Of course this neeeever happens. And when it's "legal" there is no reason or authority to question such an event. But again, it neeeeever happens.
Read again. That took place in Oregon, not Wisconsin. MilwaukEE is in Wisconsin. MilwaukIE is in Oregon. The creeper was at an Oregon pool.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
I had heard the bill stalled. (pun fully intended)

Old 07-12-2011, 06:42 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I had heard the bill stalled. (pun fully intended)
Oy Vey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut