Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,058 times

Advertisements

Why not make ALL public places have MEN, WOMEN, and UNISEX restrooms instead?? The people who are unsure can use the Unisex ones along with whoever else that wants to use them. I mean they have special bathrooms for families in most places and that is a special group of people...What's one more?

Agree with JV, DNA does not lie.

Last edited by KH02; 04-05-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

I see fathers bring their young daughters in to the men's room all the time. I've seen my brother do this on more than one occasion. Not sure how this is different except that cross gender people give you the creeps.
Fathers & mothers are a little bit different than strangers with identity issues. I used to bathe both my sons, but I dont think I'd let a dress wearing bearded gym teacher near either of them.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Interestingly I just found out a coworker in another office has announced that he is going to go through a sex change. This is not some weirdo. He is a nice very normal person who I am sure most people here would like if you met him. He is married with kids and has been struggling with this for 10 years and finallly realized he had to do this. Now before I found this out I would have leaned toward questioning people who claim to need to change but this guy is as straight laced as they come. Down to earth and normal. Makes me question the way I think of this type of thing. Jay

Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 AM

575 posts, read 3,131,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Not rape no, but a pervert can just wear a skirt & waltz into the bathroom of his choice. Something like this couldn't be limited to staff so ANYBODY with acess to the school could do it as could any kid, unless its ok to discriminate against gay kids, just not gay grown ups.
So whats stopping them now from dressing up or just hiding out in bathrooms to do this? There are still laws that prosecute people for doing perverse acts in public whether they're dressed as a different sex or their own sex. It doesn't provide any new opportunity that is not there already. I guess now we should tell parents they can't bring their child into the opposite sex's bathrooms and it should be enforced that women stay out of men's toilets. 99.99% of the time people go to the toilets to do the same thing and are out in a few minutes, so I dont see it as an issue.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Interestingly I just found out a coworker in another office has announced that he is going to go through a sex change. This is not some weirdo. He is a nice very normal person who I am sure most people here would like if you met him. He is married with kids and has been struggling with this for 10 years and finallly realized he had to do this. Now before I found this out I would have leaned toward questioning people who claim to need to change but this guy is as straight laced as they come. Down to earth and normal. Makes me question the way I think of this type of thing. Jay
I had the same thing happen at UTC..a 30+ year engineer (not married...) walked into his bosses office one afternoon and threw his badge on the desk and said "I'm done". He went out at ~60 years old and had the full-meal deal sex change done. 2 years post op, he came back in to work as a consultant engineer, and the women threw fits about the bathroom thing. It didnt last. This guy had the cojones to walk into his former place of work wearing a jean skirt, wig, high heels, red sweater and red beret...it's forever burned into my mind, cant get rid of the picture...! And he's a 6'3", 290 lb bald guy (i guess former guy). And as it turns out he's gay too. Go figure, ya cant make this stuff up.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Jay, he'll still be a man in the end. Will he still be attracted to women? Who knows. There are literally cases in the nation where guys had a "sex change" and are now "lesbian".

But either way, the issue is not with the "transgender crowd" but with the can of worms this type of legislation opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glxyman21 View Post
So whats stopping them now from dressing up or just hiding out in bathrooms to do this?
The fact that men don't normally go into a womans rest room and if they do it gets everyone's attention like a fart in church. Men don't belong there...this is not hard.

You really need to see what this bill opens up. I would suggest you are right now making comments in ignorance. For instance a man will now be able to claim "unsure" and join an all woman gym and use the locker room, facilities etc.

There are real sick people out there, and we just opened the flood gates for voyeurism, sexual attacks and an insane violation of a womans privacy...LEGALLY. (Well aside from assault.)

How would you feel if your wife was using the toilet and in the next stall some pervert was pleasuring himself getting off on it? And that's just a mild example.

I don't know too many women who are not lesbian (I.E. Meglion) that are okay with this bill.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 AM

220 posts, read 524,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

I don't know too many women who are not lesbian (I.E. Meglion) that are okay with this bill.
I'm a woman, not a lesbian, and I'm okay with it.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:20 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
I don't think this has anything to do with "gay rights" and those of you who are claiming it's discrimination against heterosexuals are just looking for a reason to be offended. Personally I don't agree with sex changes, and I agree with JV when saying a man is a man is a man, but to speak on behalf of all women is irresponsible and personally (if you're a guy) it's none of your business. Who cares what goes on behind the doors of a bathroom stall, as I highly doubt this will increase sexual assaults (that's a bit extreme) nor do I think it will cause voyeurism issues in the bathrooms. Come on now.

Just because someone is not like you doesn't mean they're a perv, or a detriment to society.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 04-06-2011 at 06:31 AM..

Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Well, I'm a heterosexual, fairly liberal woman with children and I just think it's weird. I can't believe our state government actually spent time on this bill, surely there are more important bills to debate. It must have been a slow day for them.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Well, I'm a heterosexual woman with children and I think it's weird. I can't believe our state government actually spent time on this bill. It must have been a slow day for them.
I agree; it's weird more than appalling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut