U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 11:34 AM

155 posts, read 493,611 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I currently have AT&T wireless which is decent but not great in Stamford. I'm thinking of going with Virgin Mobile (which is basically Sprint in terms of coverage/cell towers). Anyone know how good reception for Sprint in Stamford is? I live in the Newfield area and spend my time around the cove/shippan area during the workday.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 PM

18,216 posts, read 21,815,201 times
I don't think you'll see a big difference from AT&T.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 PM

87 posts, read 198,386 times
Sprint is excellent in Stamford. I've had it for years. No issues other than perhaps in the northern most sections of town just below the NY border. I'd guess AT&T is no better. I get 4g coverage through most of downtown.

A friend in Stratford who commutes along the 95 corridor has switched between AT&T and Sprint and claims to miss Sprint's service quality.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 PM

811 posts, read 1,527,044 times
Sprint is excellent in Stamford and most of the major roadways and centers in Fairfield county in my experience. I have the Evo 4G and my work is in Harbor point area, always 5 bars (if that's even meaningful) there and around downtown. Never had a dropped call there yet. I'd go for the Evo if I were you, awesome phone, lots of capability and possibilities with that phone!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 AM

1,488 posts, read 4,003,058 times
Coverage issues aside, I'm with Sprint because I so loathe ATT's customer service. They are truly terrible...and expensive! I honestly think the only thing saving them over the past few years was the Iphone.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 PM

155 posts, read 493,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbrooktrout View Post
Sprint is excellent in Stamford and most of the major roadways and centers in Fairfield county in my experience. I have the Evo 4G and my work is in Harbor point area, always 5 bars (if that's even meaningful) there and around downtown. Never had a dropped call there yet. I'd go for the Evo if I were you, awesome phone, lots of capability and possibilities with that phone!
Strange, i'm in the harbor point right now with my LG Optimus V (virgin mobile, which is on sprint's network) and i 'only' get 1 or 2 bars. I also only get 1 or 2 bars around the newfield area too. The call quality isn't bad and i haven't dropped a call yet though.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 AM

19 posts, read 53,369 times
I get 3 or 4 bars in broad street where I live but I get only 1 bar (and no data at all) in my house.

And my wife keeps complaining her Evo sucks on the train between Stamford and Grand Central. The internet seems to be fine in general but video streaming sucks in metro north line. Does anyone else have the same problem.

Cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut