Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,939,398 times

Advertisements

Another one I might add is Hit or Miss. It was a small clothing retail chain all over the state. There was also Weathervane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,151,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Another one I might add is Hit or Miss. It was a small clothing retail chain all over the state. There was also Weathervane.

I remember those!

I used to have a Weathervane credit card. LOL

Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 PM

47 posts, read 87,517 times
Default one more

pizza hut

Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 PM

57 posts, read 135,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunk View Post
pizza hut

I have a Pizza Hut near me, been here a few years. Before it came here I hadn't seen one in a while though.

Speaking of pizza, remember Little Cesar's (sp?)?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:08 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,830,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Don't know if they're still open, but there was a women's clothing store called "Dress Barn." The one I remember was actually behind Ground Round in Rocky Hill on the Silas Deane Hwy.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydall View Post
I have a Pizza Hut near me, been here a few years. Before it came here I hadn't seen one in a while though.

Speaking of pizza, remember Little Cesar's (sp?)?
There is still a little ceasers on West Main St in New Britain.

I was wondering if I ever would get a chance to write about Pizza Hut. I worked there in high school about 1986-1989 when they still had "dine in" restaurants.

That place made so much money I couldn't believe it. At times we had so much cash in the register it was actually falling out onto the floor. We didn't accept credit cards either so all the business was cash. They would do 5-$7,000 of business on a friday or saturday nite. They were easily clearing $20,000 cash a week in that place.

I could never figure out why they closed all the "dine in" restaurants and went to delivery only. Plus the pizza sux now. Has to be the dumbest business decision I've witnessed in my life so far.

We had people waiting in line up to an hour just for pizza. All the business was pizza. Pizza is really easy to make too. All they sold was pizza, soda, beer, and garlic bread. Couldn't make the menu any easier.

If they still had the old model of "dine in" restaurants and the old style pan pizza I would be looking to buy a franchise right now. The place was a gold mine.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Don't know if they're still open, but there was a women's clothing store called "Dress Barn." The one I remember was actually behind Ground Round in Rocky Hill on the Silas Deane Hwy.

It's still there. I happened to drive by there 2 weeks ago and looked. There is also one in Wallingford.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
There is still a little ceasers on West Main St in New Britain.

I was wondering if I ever would get a chance to write about Pizza Hut. I worked there in high school about 1986-1989 when they still had "dine in" restaurants.

That place made so much money I couldn't believe it. At times we had so much cash in the register it was actually falling out onto the floor. We didn't accept credit cards either so all the business was cash. They would do 5-$7,000 of business on a friday or saturday nite. They were easily clearing $20,000 cash a week in that place.

I could never figure out why they closed all the "dine in" restaurants and went to delivery only. Plus the pizza sux now. Has to be the dumbest business decision I've witnessed in my life so far.

We had people waiting in line up to an hour just for pizza. All the business was pizza. Pizza is really easy to make too. All they sold was pizza, soda, beer, and garlic bread. Couldn't make the menu any easier.

If they still had the old model of "dine in" restaurants and the old style pan pizza I would be looking to buy a franchise right now. The place was a gold mine.

The Pizza Hut near me now has dine-in. Only maybe 4 tables, but you can eat there.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM

Or are talking dine-in where a waiter/waitress serves you?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydall View Post
Or are talking dine-in where a waiter/waitress serves you?
Exactamundo. Real dine in restaurants with tables and waitresses\waiters. Our dining room sat about 100 people. The wait staff could make $150 a nite in tips alone. I'm sure other people around here remember the old Pizza Hut's. The pan pizza was much different and better back then too.

It's mind boggling to think of how much cash they pulled in weekly. If they averaged $20,000 a week that would be 20*52 = $1,040,000 a year. and they only sold pizza.

I worked at many chain restaurants and private restaurants before I graduated from college and Pizza Hut was the biggest money maker of them all. Restaurateurs would sell their souls to have the stream of customers Pizza Hut had at that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut