Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Did you look at the house? It is NOT waterfront. No where does it say it is and if you look on a map you will see ift is on the land side of the street, not the waterfront side. There are not even any pictures showing water views. If there were water views, the listing would be all over them with photos and big letters saying WATERVIEW.

As for the original price of the place, it is very likely that it did orginally sell for $250. You do not know what condition it was in when bought and back then it was common for modest homes to go for that price. Unless you were a real estate agent in Stamford and know more about the place than what you read on the internet, I do not think you can comment on the price of the original house. Jay
Exactly. The place doesn't even have a view because it's blocked by the huge homes across the street. Honestly, back then, $250k for a half acre plot that's not waterfront is pretty pricey.

And lets look at the homes of some Republicans before we start bashing the other side.

Linda McMahon - $11.8 million mansion in Greenwich. $3.1 million townhouse in Greenwich. $2.2 million condo in Florida with a 47 foot multi-million dollar yacht.

Tom Foley - $4.1 million home in Greenwich. 100 foot yacht which probably exceeds the cost of his home.

I'm not a fan of Malloy, but lets get off this guy for ridiculous things, shall we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
And lets look at the homes of some Republicans before we start bashing the other side.
Those "Republicans" earned that money through job and wealth creation for others. They helped pay for Malloy's home. That's the difference.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Those "Republicans" earned that money through job and wealth creation for others. They helped pay for Malloy's home. That's the difference.

None of these people are for the average citizen. Not one. Lets stop making them seem like saints because they're CEOs.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

None of these people are for the average citizen. Not one. Lets stop making them seem like saints because they're CEOs.
Oh I'm not...just making the distinction between private sector wealth, and redistributed wealth.

McMahon and Foley didn't force people to pay for their stuff. Malloy did.

I don't really care for any of them either. Well, Foley was "okay" but eh.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-21-2011 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Removed attack

Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Oh I'm not...just making the distinction between private sector wealth, and redistributed wealth.

McMahon and Foley didn't force people to pay for their stuff. Malloy did.

I don't really care for any of them either. Well, Foley was "okay" but eh.
Right... People who earn $50K as teachers: Stealing money form the public dole.

Wall Street CEO's who earned hundreds of millions through unethical and perhaps illegal means (and whose companies don't pay their fair share of taxes)... BIG thumbs up, right?

I see how you're for the little guy. Really I do.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Removed attack quote

Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
He's moving back to Hartford according to the CT Post January 6th, 2011.

Malloys to move to Hartford, maintain a Stamford residence - Connecticut Post

" First Lady Cathy Malloy said she and Gov. Dannel Malloy plan to put their Stamford home on the market as soon as they look to settle into the state capital. They also want to maintain a Stamford residence. "

" The Malloys own a 120-year-old barn in Shippan they moved into and renovated in the late 1990s. Stamford preservationist Renee Khan said the property is "interesting" because it was once connected to a farmhouse. Later the buildings were separated."

Old 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Right... People who earn $50K as teachers: Stealing money form the public dole.

Wall Street CEO's who earned hundreds of millions through unethical and perhaps illegal means (and whose companies don't pay their fair share of taxes)... BIG thumbs up, right?

I see how you're for the little guy. Really I do.
Hey, its YOUR governor that's living in a 1.8 million dollar house, YOUR governor who took 6 million dollars from the public to finance his campaign, it's YOUR governor who is now going to raise taxes almost 2 billion dollars, it's YOUR governor who has been on the public dole for 30+ years.

This has nothing to do with "poor innocent teachers" so cut the crap.

Your typical eat the big earners mindset is sad. They are not the ones raiding my bank account, they are not the ones who has our state bankrupt blah blah blah...rinse and repeat.

Funny "fact" though is that most of the crooked corporations, are in bed with YOUR administration and were given billions by YOUR administration. Wow, who would have thought. I guess you are mighty pissed at the Obama administration for getting so cozy with GE considering THEY paid no taxes and just posted a pretty hefty quartly profit.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-21-2011 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 04-21-2011, 02:17 PM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Blame Fed monetary policy and agendas from BOTH Democrats and Republicans.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-21-2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Removed deleted flame quote

Old 04-21-2011, 03:15 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Hey, its YOUR governor that's living in a 1.8 million dollar house, YOUR governor who took 6 million dollars from the public to finance his campaign, it's YOUR governor who is now going to raise taxes almost 2 billion dollars, it's YOUR governor who has been on the public dole for 30+ years.

This has nothing to do with "poor innocent teachers" so cut the crap.

Your typical eat the big earners mindset is sad. They are not the ones raiding my bank account, they are not the ones who has our state bankrupt blah blah blah...rinse and repeat.

Funny "fact" though is that most of the crooked corporations, are in bed with YOUR administration and were given billions by YOUR administration. Wow, who would have thought. I guess you are mighty pissed at the Obama administration for getting so cozy with GE considering THEY paid no taxes and just posted a pretty hefty quartly profit.

As a whole? No. Were there bad apples? Yea sure, no denial there. But I don't see all corporations and wall street as evil, sorry. I see them as employers and wealth CREATORS, including your household.

Blah Blah Blah.. Republicans good... Democrats Bad...

More of the same.

He's OUR governor by the way...

Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,185,280 times
Quote:
I would agree. Except that there was a good reason the CEF was put into place, and that means anyone, even yourself, can go through the process and apply. His house was bought when Stamford was cheap as anything, housing prices all along the Coastal Corridor in CT skyrocketed as they did everywhere. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people that held property here that they had since the late 80's and early 90's and sold at a huge sticker profit. And he wasn't on the dole, he did a job that was offered by an entity. You seem to believe that employment in the public sector = largess no matter what. I personally hate corruption and graft, and the best way to avoid and reduce corruption is to pay market wages for public employees.

Quote:
I, for one, am pissed about that. There really should be only one set of books for both the SEC AND the IRS for these huge corporations. Also, having the SEC stop allowing M2M accounting would be a huge step as well.

Wealth creators? Probably, but their good effect on the economy for all might not be that big. The massive companies were given basically everything they asked for for nearly 30 years now, but the critical fact is that they did not hire just because they became more profitable. In fact the vast majority of Americans are worse off now than they have been in the Employment and demand, no matter how many of the current crop of national Republicans try to ignore this, are so intertwined that it is central to the functioning of the economy for everybody.

And don't be shocked, but most evidence points to malfeasance on Wall Street for the collapse of the economy.

~Cheers

Last edited by JayCT; 04-21-2011 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Remove flame quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut