Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

The Obvious Choice: John Rowland For GOP Chair - Rick Green | CT Confidential

I know this is a tongue-in-cheek blog entry, but I, for one, am in favor of the idea. I have listened to his (hideous) radio show, and, found it nauseating that he had the temerity to criticize anyone. But I couldn't think of a better figure-head for the Connecticut GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
And the democrats are doing so much better?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:46 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,416,528 times
If Connecticut Republicans choose that bloated windbag Rowland to represent them, then they have sealed their fate and may as well turn the keys over to the CT Democrats and shut the lights off behind them.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
And the democrats are doing so much better?
Felonious Republican Governors 1
Felonious Democratic Governors 0

Of course we can only consider the ones caught I guess it depends on what you mean by better...

Old 06-16-2011, 02:04 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Felonious Republican Governors 1
Felonious Democratic Governors 0

Of course we can only consider the ones caught I guess it depends on what you mean by better...
It's way in the past.

Btw - do you know how many criminal democratic mayors there have been? Just look at Bridgeport's storied history.

Both parties suck...

Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
It's way in the past.

Btw - do you know how many criminal democratic mayors there have been? Just look at Bridgeport's storied history.

Both parties suck...
No doubt!

However, Rowlands prognostications and criticisms really reach new highs in political hypocriacy! The fact that any one would support him because he is suddenly a tea partier is bewildering.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
I actually like Rowland and think he was witch hunted for years until something stuck. What did he go to prison for? Honest Services Fraud? LOL Work had been done by contractors on his cottage at no charge? Please...Just ignore that that contractors were eventually paid.

I don't agree with all of his decisions, but our cities fared the best under his tenor than just about any Gov. He also was instrumental in the turn around of UCONN. That's a fact.

He was the first Connecticut governor to be elected to three terms since 1784 - and a Republican at that. His plurality over Kennelly in 1998 was among the largest recorded for any Connecticut politician. So he couldn't have been that bad in the people's eyes.

During the years that Rowland was in office, the state enjoyed record-breaking surpluses, state spending increased only modestly, with real spending growth rates of just over 2 percent annually between 1995 and 2003. For the first time in state history, tax rebate checks were sent to taxpayers in 1998 and again in 1999. He adhered to a spending cap voters added to the state constitution in 1992.

As of 2004, Connecticut students led the nation in performance, and the number of spaces in pre-school programs more than doubled during his term in office.

Real crappy governor...
"I found in my career that a lot of people will tell you how great you are – especially when you're the boss. But there will be that time when that career will be over ... and then it's down to the three F's – faith, family and friends – real faith, real family and real friends."
And a real evil doer.

I didn't know he was part of the Tea Party now...learn something new everyday I guess.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:31 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
The Obvious Choice: John Rowland For GOP Chair - Rick Green | CT Confidential

I know this is a tongue-in-cheek blog entry, but I, for one, am in favor of the idea. I have listened to his (hideous) radio show, and, found it nauseating that he had the temerity to criticize anyone. But I couldn't think of a better figure-head for the Connecticut GOP.
Please...just because the guy made a mistake he can't say anything? How do you feel about that power addled pervert and failed husband Spitzer on CNN? There's a guy who's sense of entitlement knows no bounds. And he was never charged with ANYTHING! Imagine that, Rowland did a year for a hot tub and Spitzer as atty general got to ruin lives all the while commiting the very crimes he was prosecuting others for...hmmmm

Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Please...just because the guy made a mistake he can't say anything? How do you feel about that power addled pervert and failed husband Spitzer on CNN? There's a guy who's sense of entitlement knows no bounds. And he was never charged with ANYTHING! Imagine that, Rowland did a year for a hot tub and Spitzer as atty general got to ruin lives all the while commiting the very crimes he was prosecuting others for...hmmmm
Since you asked, they're all disgusting and I wish they would disappear form the public airwaves....

However, this being a Connecticut forum, I think Rowland is the most relevant here. I have no patience for politicians who abuse their power... I don't think anyone should an excuse a politician because he is from their party... Ganim is disgusting just like Rowland is...

I couldn't care less if someone is a failed husband... I do care if they have the public trust and abuse it... Like Ganim, Like Rowland, Like Spitzer...

Unfortunately, in my opinion, all of Rowland's accomplishments are seriously undermined by the fact that he abused the public trust.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:18 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
Since you asked, they're all disgusting and I wish they would disappear form the public airwaves....

However, this being a Connecticut forum, I think Rowland is the most relevant here. I have no patience for politicians who abuse their power... I don't think anyone should an excuse a politician because he is from their party... Ganim is disgusting just like Rowland is...

I couldn't care less if someone is a failed husband... I do care if they have the public trust and abuse it... Like Ganim, Like Rowland, Like Spitzer...

Unfortunately, in my opinion, all of Rowland's accomplishments are seriously undermined by the fact that he abused the public trust.
I tend to agree with throwing the bums out. Spitzer popped into my head because he was never charged. His transgressions were far more serious IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut