Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 PM

680 posts, read 1,575,714 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if real estate agents fall into 2 camps: one that assists in buying/selling the other assits in leasing/renting?

It seems like most agents are not interested to help you lease your place because commission are too low? But with the rental market strong in many FFC towns I thought agents will be interested at earning some quick $?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 05:07 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,431,255 times
We do rentals up in my area. We qualify tenants by getting a credit check & proff of employment, for owners to review with offers to rent their property.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM

21,749 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Real estate agents do rentals all the time. In this market, most will.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM

680 posts, read 1,575,714 times
yah my real estate agent replied today and it seems they are more willing to do rental now than in the past.

Thread closed.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 AM

15 posts, read 20,555 times
There are many Realtors who specialize in Property Management. I suggest you ask around to your friends, neighbors and co-workers. Get recommendations is you can. either way, when you speak with a Realtor about managing your property ask if you can talk with their current clients, other property owners and do some checking to see if these existing clients are happy with the job they've done. You want to know about getting your rents on time, getting the at least quarterly reporting and great year end reports.. the kind you can simply hand over to your tax person because all the income and expenses are already recorded for you. You want to know what kind of forms the manager uses. You care about this because the court cares about this if and when your manager has to go to court to sue for eviction or small claims court for damages or past due rents. You want to know how they screen tenants... this is THE most important part. Do they do a credit AND eviction report? Do they ALSO do a criminal report? Do they call and check the references? Do they visit the perspective tenants current home or at least get a good look at their car they are driving (I actually mean peak in the windows). This is a person who is going to take over a space and place you've paid good money for and you want a manager who is actually going to protect it. short answer, Yep, there are LOTS of agents who can rent your place out... find one who will manage it correctly!!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM

327 posts, read 1,119,316 times
Just for my reference in case I want to hand over my rentals to a real estate or property manager. Whats the going rate? Do they take a cut % every month from the apartment or is it a one time/yearly fee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut