Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 20,159 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are moving to the Buttonball area of Glastonbury in a month I was amazed at the number of cable/internet/phone bundle providers available.

I have never heard of some of them(Cox, Sage?)Any recommendations regarding customer service, reliability ...would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,538 times
we've been a customer of COX since 2004 in Glastonbury, no issues yet so far, internet/TV/phone. Service with them when I had questions about my bill, wanted to add a tv, etc has always been great.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
We have had Cox since we moved here in 1994 and have been very satisfied. We have them for cable, internet and phone. They may not be the cheapest but their service is decent. Jay

Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
what do you folks think of Comcast? My friends just had their service done, and they said the broadband was extremely slow. They didn't think the service tech was all that efficient or polite either. They told them, since the weather was rainy, they'd have to come back and charge them an extra charge to do the broadband or the tv, if they couldn't finish that same day!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:37 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,538 times
don't know about comcast, not even sure if they are available in Glastonbury...

Cox so far has been great, no issues with internet, very fast, once in a blue moon cable goes out for a few minutes, which means we lose it all, but it's always not for long.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:02 PM

24 posts, read 37,473 times
Go with Cox, I think you'll like it. Cox has been around for a long time, they're the 3rd largest broadband company in the country. I work for Cox by the way. I'm a plant network tech. We have 3 shifts of techs covering all are areas so an outage get's fixed quickly. I think what set's us apart from our competition is our customer service. If you have any problems, we can get someone there withing 24 hours. We understand that the only reason we're in business and we all have jobs is because of our customers, so we'll do anything we can to make sure your service is great.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM

15 posts, read 21,449 times
Cox has done a good job for me, too. The techs who come out to your house are very polite and knowledgeable. The telephone support personnel were nice but did have some troubles, especially with activation. Picture quality is very good. Internet and telephone have also been satisfactory. You're also not stuck with a bunch of electronic boxes. Make sure they go through all your options with you, and be willing to negotiate for the best deal. They came back and told me that high definition for all of my basic cable channels was only an extra $2 month when I renewed my bundle, after I'd spent at least a year in the bundle plan. I would certainly have enjoyed the high def. a year earlier!

Dave

Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM

13 posts, read 20,159 times
Thanks for your recommendations!
Deb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut