Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,399 times

Advertisements

Hi All. We are looking to relocate to Connecticut preferably to a shoreline town and would like to live somewhat close to the water. We have elementary school aged children and I will likely be working in the New London area. Any suggestions on one town over the other.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 12:07 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times
If working in New London, try Old Saybrook , Old Lyme, East Lyme, Niantic, Waterford, Mystic, or Stonington,
much closer to New London then Clinton or Branford..

Old 08-09-2007, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
If working in New London, try Old Saybrook , Old Lyme, East Lyme, Niantic, Waterford, Mystic, or Stonington,
much closer to New London then Clinton or Branford..
As odd as this is going to sound, Clinton is about as far east as we'd like to go for a bunch of reasons.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times
Well Clinton is far west of New London-by 23 miles.
Check your Connecticut map.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:50 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Branford is about 40 miles from New London and even without traffic this would be a long commute everyday. Clinton is about 25 miles from New London which is closer but still pretty far. Is there a reason you want only these two towns? The other towns suggested here are excellent choices as well. Jay

Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstreet View Post
Hi All. We are looking to relocate to Connecticut preferably to a shoreline town and would like to live somewhat close to the water. We have elementary school aged children and I will likely be working in the New London area. Any suggestions on one town over the other.

Thanks!
Hope you have a bezillion dollars to spend on a house...

Old 09-02-2007, 12:03 PM

87 posts, read 322,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
Hope you have a bezillion dollars to spend on a house...
A bazillian dollars? LOL! That's just silly. There are plenty of nice houses in really great family neighborhoods in Clinton for $325000 and under, which is not much more expensive then most places. I know, I live in one

Seriously, I tire of hearing people say it's sooo expensive to live in Clinton. Maybe some other shoreline towns like Madison, but not Clinton. It's still a very affordable nice town and I would never try and scare anyone away by saying it's too expensive.

Now to the original poster (I know this was some time ago). I think either would be a good choice but Branford is a long haul to New London. My husband use to commute to New London from Clinton and found it to be a very easy commute.

Branford is closer to New Haven so there is more traffic and it's more congested. There are more stores and restaurants there however, if that's what you like. Clinton has more of a small town feel then Branford.

Honestly though, both are good towns, with beaches and good schools and I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut