Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:54 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times

Advertisements

I do not understand why a state that is so broke that it needs to lay off so many workers AND raise taxes on its own citizens, is giving money away to non-citizens.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
What part of ILLEGAL do you not understand?
Gee. I've never heard that before. Is that something you thought up yourself as an argument? That's pretty good. Wow.

You put that on a sign and march in front of companies like Monsanto who employee illegal migrants in their corporate farms. You should send a strongly worded letter to McDonalds since they buy beef from meatpacking plants that hire illegals.

Quote:
And they serve a necessary economic role? Like what, modern day slavery, which is really what it is when you can pay them crap wages to do hard work.
Another vote for going after the employers-- which you mention only in passing, instead continually writing screeds about the very people who you seem to indicate are victimized here.

By the way, do you know what apples would cost if they were harvested by unionized agricultural labor?

Yes, sadly, a necessary economic role.

Last edited by mlassoff; 07-09-2011 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I do not understand why a state that is so broke that it needs to lay off so many workers AND raise taxes on its own citizens, is giving money away to non-citizens.
They don't get a check. They get to pay the same tuition as any other high school graduate in Connecticut.

But you knew that already.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Um. The difference is that I was a legal natural born U.S. citizen.
You claimed that there is no advantage to being a native born or legally naturalized citizen...

You seemed to indicate that it's almost better to be undocumented resident... or are you ready to step away from that?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
Does that surprise you????? We have made the decision to leave, if I can find a buyer for my home. I know I will get flack for this, between insane car taxes, new liberal gov't, increasing taxes on everything, etc etc us "middle classers" are getting squeezed to death, the rich don't care cause they are rich so it doesn't hurt them as much, and the poor or illegals get extra fringe benefits. Blast away at me if you so desire, doesn't make me any less disgruntled as I sign over $900 on car taxes for something I already paid taxes for when I originally purchased them.
Will the last legal family leaving Connecticut please turn out the lights.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:34 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Gee. I've never heard that before. Is that something you thought up yourself as an argument? That's pretty good. Wow.

You put that on a sign and march in front of companies like Monsanto who employee illegal migrants in their corporate farms. You should send a strongly worded letter to McDonalds since they buy beef from meatpacking plants that higher illegals.

Another vote for going after the employers-- which you mention only in passing, instead continually writing screeds about the very people who you seem to indicate are victimized here.

By the way, do you know what apples would cost if they were harvested by unionized agricultural labor?

Yes, sadly, a necessary economic role.
You're not only okay with ILLEGALS getting rights they do not deserve, ILLEGALS breaking our laws. But you're also okay with employing illegals to work for next to nothing to keep costs down.

You can mock my ILLEGALS are ILLEGAL type comment all you want, but it doesnt make it any less true.

I was thinking, Id like to go over to your house and get a bite to eat, some water, and take a look around for anything else that I NEED. Im sure you wont mind, after all, it's okay with people like you to break laws when youre in need.

So just post your address please. Ill be sure to get it out to those that think they might find something they need at your house.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
They don't get a check. They get to pay the same tuition as any other high school graduate in Connecticut.

But you knew that already.
Does the State of Connecticut spend money to support its State Universities? If so, then allowing illegal aliens to go there will cost the State money. At a time they are laying off workers and raising taxes.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
You're anti-union? Who knew?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
Default Is your car new you had to pay $900 in car taxes ctwhitech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
Does that surprise you????? We have made the decision to leave, if I can find a buyer for my home. I know I will get flack for this, between insane car taxes, new liberal gov't, increasing taxes on everything, etc etc us "middle classers" are getting squeezed to death, the rich don't care cause they are rich so it doesn't hurt them as much, and the poor or illegals get extra fringe benefits. Blast away at me if you so desire, doesn't make me any less disgruntled as I sign over $900 on car taxes for something I already paid taxes for when I originally purchased them.

If it's not new, then that's outrageous! I don't know what to say, other than, CT has become the most dollar sucking state I've ever been in! I don't think the quality of life is that great here anymore. I think the scenery is great, but that's a whole nother story.

Yeah.. it figures.. Our govt in this state, has become so corrupt, no wonder people don't come to CT anymore.
Did you see the Gov. wanting to boost the tourism industry? Well, if no one's coming here, then that makes sense. The fact we are a shoreline state with nice beaches, but we must be "promoted" when summer comes, says lots of things about CT! People just don't want to come here, to pay high gas taxes, food, etc.

If you KNOW someone is illegal, then boot them out of the country! Don't GIVE them free education. Are you giving FREE education to the state residents, the ones who were born in this country, and this state? Naw.. you ain't doing that...
And the comment someone made about them squeezing the bejezus out of the middle class is so true.. Yeah, the rich don't care, they got plenty to survive on.... But then neither do the poor, cuz they're getting all these free handouts and living on the dole anyway...
Nasty... that's a nasty attitude to not care about the middle class. They're the ones who've helped build this nation. The rich has done nothing for years, but be arrogant and let the big scale corporations rip us off, hook, line & sinker!
Yeah, this bugs me too! I don't care you're an illegal alien. You do NOT have the right to go to school for FREE on the CT taxpayers' money!
In fact you don't have the right to be here in the first place.
When, on earth, does the Immigration Office start enforcing the immigration laws in this country? When do they also start to enforce the ADA laws either. You see so many disabled people barely getting by, it's tragic.
Plus, too, the darn drivers in some parts of Hartford County, don't even want to let them safely cross the street at a public walkway or where there's a electronic crosswalk. Plus too, those electronic crosswalks only give you SIX seconds to cross a street! 6 seconds... can you imagine trying to do that if you are in a hand powered wheelchair? Or a walker? Or have trouble walking period?

But this ain't the only state that's done this stuff with the illegals as far as education goes. If they are getting free college tuition, then FORCE them to become citizens so that they can start paying TAXES too.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You're not only okay with ILLEGALS getting rights they do not deserve, ILLEGALS breaking our laws. But you're also okay with employing illegals to work for next to nothing to keep costs down.
Who's to say what rights people deserve? Personally I think everyone deserves basic human rights, no matter what country they're from don't you?

But this isn't about rights. It's about a tuition discount for Connecticut high school graduates who's parents came here illegally and brought them along. We don't punish minors for the sins of the parents, or vice-versa in this society.

Quote:
I was thinking, Id like to go over to your house and get a bite to eat, some water, and take a look around for anything else that I NEED. Im sure you wont mind, after all, it's okay with people like you to break laws when youre in need.

So just post your address please. Ill be sure to get it out to those that think they might find something they need at your house.
While you are more than welcome to my home for a bite to eat, I think this is a poor metaphor. The only law broken here is an immigration law... And that law was broken when they entered... It's not an ongoing flaunting of our laws. It's not even a criminal act. All penalties are civil. Your example is a criminal act.

Most undocumented workers who are here are careful to follow our laws, as they don't want to expose themselves to the additional risk of getting deported.

And yet another post goes by with no mention of the Americans who catalyze the entry of undocumented workers by providing them with illegal employment....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut