Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:46 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,696 times

Advertisements

I find it unbelievable that guy shot a police officer twice and only gets 20 years! His sister said he did it because he was scared...

Shooting Hartford Police Officer: Hartford Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Shooting Hartford Police Officer - Courant.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 06:56 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Maybe it the Hartford cops would stop robbing people, abusing them, etc etc people wouldnt be more scared of the cops than they are of the criminals.
Im not saying what he did was right but I can understand it.

I was pulled over down in the north end(im not black)while buying jamaican food. I had a pocket knife(tiny one) on the little island where my stick shift is. He pulled his gun on me and told me he was going to shoot me in the face if i moved. Searched my car for drugs for no reason other than Im not black and I was in the wrong part of town. When they found nothing they decided to give me a ticket for no seatbelt even though I had one on. They are such d*cks

Old 07-14-2011, 07:54 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,126 times
Police Corruption in Hartford, CT | Brian.Carnell.Com

+1. Hartford ain't quite New Orleans, but scarilly, not TOO far off. Probally one of Ct.'s biggesest "shames".

Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Police Corruption in Hartford, CT | Brian.Carnell.Com

+1. Hartford ain't quite New Orleans, but scarilly, not TOO far off. Probally one of Ct.'s biggesest "shames".
A few bad apples doesn't make the whole bunch bad. Try doing their job and dealing with the dregs of society they deal with...That dude that shot him is lucky to be breathing.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 AM

I lived IN hartford for awhile.. It's more than a few bad apples. Thats the difference between the "average" police force corruption and abuse and places like N.O. and Hartford. In my years of living there I only had a handful of police interactions and literally OVER 2/3rds of them were in the range from "wtf you want me to about it, I got better things to do, ie. bull**** with my buddy about bangin that striper last night, to all out breaking the law, ie. stealing personal property out of my car during a "traffic stop".

I know all about what REAL police do. Unfortunately there's not alot of those in downtown Harford. Lots of crooks and rapists with badges though, and a few good ones that deserve to belong to be on a better force.

I travel allover and I've never had issues like that anywhere in the world. The "shakedowns" by VERY friendly police in Juarez Mexico were even a much better, more comfortable, less frightening experience than what I got for my tax money at "home".

Let me be clear I don't support a "cop shooter". But I also don't blindly support or take a Hartford's cop word for anything, due to their own misbehavior and law breaking that I have personally witnessed. They did and continue to do it to themselves by not taking a GENUINE interest in ENDING corruption in their force.

Last edited by LRPct; 07-14-2011 at 09:33 AM..

Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
I lived IN hartford for awhile.. It's more than a few bad apples. Thats the difference between the "average" police force corruption and abuse and places like N.O. and Hartford. In my years of living there I only had a handful of police interactions and literally OVER 2/3rds of them were in the range from "wtf you want me to about it, I got better things to do, ie. bull**** with my buddy about bangin that striper last night, to all out breaking the law, ie. stealing personal property out of my car during a "traffic stop".

I know all about what REAL police do. Unfortunately there's not alot of those in downtown Harford. Lots of crooks and rapists with badges though, and a few good ones that deserve to belong to be on a better force.

I travel allover and I've never had issues like that anywhere in the world. The "shakedowns" by VERY friendly police in Juarez Mexico were even a much better, more comfortable, less frightening experience than what I got for my tax money at "home".

Let me be clear I don't support a "cop shooter". But I also don't blindly support or take a Hartford's cop word for anything, due to their own misbehavior and law breaking that I have personally witnessed. They did and continue to do it to themselves by not taking a GENUINE interest in ENDING corruption in their force.
The purpose of the thread wasn't to discuss whether there are corrupt cops in Hartford or not, but the fact a punk could shoot a cop and only get twenty years. Thats the absurd part!

Old 07-14-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
The purpose of the thread wasn't to discuss whether there are corrupt cops in Hartford or not, but the fact a punk could shoot a cop and only get twenty years. Thats the absurd part!
Agreed... anyone shooting anyone deserves well more than that.. 20 will probally be closer to 10 years by the time all is said in done.

But, lawyers probally couldn't make such a compelling case for "fear of the police" in places where stealing and rape is not so commonplace by police. Sad, but their own actions and underresponse to those actions just help the bad guys.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:58 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Not sure im clear. Are you saying 20 years is too much or not enough>?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post

Seems clear from here.. He said ONLY 20 years, so I'd say he's shocked it was not enough....

Which I also agree with also..

Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Not enough. Some people get twenty years for stealing cars. This guy tried to kill a cop; he should have got life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut