Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:42 PM

462 posts, read 733,780 times

Advertisements

People don't have that right. Nowhere does it say they do. Again, you are not listening. And I live within 1 mile of the new station and ride the 6:40 to GCT. in fact, much like you, I live within walking distance. I just don't feel like getting out of bed any earlier than I already have to. Like I said, as long as its a public street, and I'm parking legally, I'll park wherever I want.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-06-2011 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Remove Personal Attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 02:55 PM

209 posts, read 605,986 times
I am listening and you are illogical. Obviously your anger over not getting a parking permit is rendering you unable to see both sides of an argument. Perhaps now it’s a free street but if people can't get to their homes, this will be a problem and maybe there aren't "no commuter parking" signs now. However, if all the folks that used to park by downtown now think they are going to line the streets of where I live and this is a lot of people it could be a huge potential problem. If it starts to become a problem and everyone and their brother is parking on the small grid of streets where I live, than I certainly see the installation of no commuting parking signs becoming a reality. Time will tell, in the meantime all I ask is to park with courtesy.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsnowgirl View Post
I am listening and you are illogical. Obviously your anger over not getting a parking permit is rendering you unable to see both sides of an argument. Perhaps now it’s a free street but if people can't get to their homes, this will be a problem and maybe there aren't "no commuter parking" signs now. However, if all the folks that used to park by downtown now think they are going to line the streets of where I live and this is a lot of people it could be a huge potential problem. If it starts to become a problem and everyone and their brother is parking on the small grid of streets where I live, than I certainly see the installation of no commuting parking signs becoming a reality. Time will tell, in the meantime all I ask is to park with courtesy.
I am not angry. I am being honest with you. You have no more right to that space than anyone else. Sucks, but that's the law on a public street. Nobody will refute that fact.

I will park wherever I please that is legal. As will the other commuters. If you are successful in getting those signs put up, then I'll respect them. And you should be thankful that I'm a law abiding citizen. The people who park downtown now, clearly aren't as they park in areas clearly marked no parking, and just pay the tickets.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Removed deleted flame quote

Old 12-05-2011, 03:11 PM

209 posts, read 605,986 times
You seem angry based upon other banter between you and other posters. At least there are a c few options for streets that commuters will try and park on so at least it will be spread out a bit. Lord knows when I first first figuring out downtown parking for the train station I got my share. However, it taught me a lesson and where to park and where not to park I respect that. At the end of the day park where you like as I won't be directly affect as I park off the street and can simply walk a very short walk to the train. If signs do get put up I'm glad they will be respected. Now I just wish the dozens of extra lights that Fairfield put in could be timed better.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 PM

3,345 posts, read 4,129,868 times
Did anyone catch the price tag? $46mm for a parking lot and concrete slab without any additional amenities (for example restrooms). Unbelievable and truly sad. I'd wager a few contractors made a profit margin that rivals software companies. How much longer are we going to stand for financial fleecing?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,027 times
Ok, so how does day parking work here? I got home with my stub and had no idea what to do with it. Are they giving us a free week while they figure it out? Or is it just a honeymoon period? Either way, I like the convenience of paying online. If they can do that here, I'm sold!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:18 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,889,201 times
I took the train from Fairfield Metro today without a hitch. It was nice to have such a short drive, and it was easier to get a seat.

The lot seemed pretty empty this morning. It's nice that the platform has a roof ovwr ut, and it's long enpugh to accomodate a full train, so I don't gave to move through cars to get to an open one.

I park on the opposite side of the tracks than at the downtown station, so I have to cross the tracks in the morning. That will take a little getting used to, but it's nice at night.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Lot was empty when we pulled in at 7:20 tonight as well. It would seem there are a TON of unused spots. Not sure who's to blame for that, but after talking to the blue hairs on the phone today, I'd wager it's the 2.5 people they have working at FPA, and not Fusco.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
Did anyone catch the price tag? $46mm for a parking lot and concrete slab without any additional amenities (for example restrooms). Unbelievable and truly sad. I'd wager a few contractors made a profit margin that rivals software companies. How much longer are we going to stand for financial fleecing?
Very sad. We can thank that crook Flatto. Hopefully he does some jail time once Malloy gets ousted and stops protecting him. No parking garage either. The lot itself is truly massive though. There are WAY more than 1500 spots there. Not sure why they aren't being made available. Probably some stateys that need to get perks.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,759,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTJayC View Post
Very sad. We can thank that crook Flatto. Hopefully he does some jail time once Malloy gets ousted and stops protecting him. No parking garage either. The lot itself is truly massive though. There are WAY more than 1500 spots there. Not sure why they aren't being made available. Probably some stateys that need to get perks.
A Bridge was also built , which drove up costs and New Infastrature around the station. The Station itself only cost 15 Million from the Railroad Employees i asked. Some spots are probably reserved for the future redevelopment project which will be built soon....although a Garage should have been built. CT doesn't seem to understand that when you build TOD , you build garages and constrict the development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut