Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainspotter View Post
He has appeal to a certain demographic in his backyard, but I don't think he will have widespread appeal on the national stage. He is enjoying a bounce right now, mostly because of those jobs numbers he keeps touting, but closer scrutiny about the types of jobs actually being created and the standard of living for those with those jobs will put the lid on that. Moderates who can form a consensus will probably carry the day. Folks in the North East are unlikely to support conservatives with a "moral majority" agenda. We don't really like being told what to do.
The Northeast consistently votes for the right candidate. Perry hasn't a chance in hell of being supported by the Northeast. He's an utter joke. The closer one looks at Perry, the worse he looks.

Absolutely no match for this President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,724,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
If Perry wins the Presidency, will all ye liberals jump into the sea
Only if the conservative right adapts a mindset of something other than "Jesus take the wheel."

That being said, I don't really give a rat's ass what Perry thinks about us. This coming from a man who carries a gun even when he's jogging, wears cowboy boots with a suit, and the boots say "Come and take it" - which sounds kinda gay to me. And he threw such a tantrum when Obama won that he actually talked about Texas seceding from the union. Just what America needs - a president who's really not sold on the whole United States thing.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM

462 posts, read 737,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The Northeast consistently votes for the right candidate. Perry hasn't a chance in hell of being supported by the Northeast. He's an utter joke. The closer one looks at Perry, the worse he looks.

Absolutely no match for this President.
Yeah, they did a great job electing this buffoon we have in there now. Congrats, thanks to Bush, he's only the second worst president of all time.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM

93 posts, read 187,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTJayC View Post
Yeah, they did a great job electing this buffoon we have in there now. Congrats, thanks to Bush, he's only the second worst president of all time.
Considering he hasnt even finished his 1st term as president and Bush did two, I wouldnt say hes the 2nd worst president just yet....might just be the worst! Either way, I sadly will say I will vote for anyone other than Obama! Kinda like the reverse deal of the last elections where everyone voted for anyone other than Bush...go figure!

On a side note, Im thinking of registering as an Independent here in CT because I could care less about the Reps and Dems at this point!!! Then I probably wont vote for anyone and then I cant complain about who is president since I didnt cast a vote!

Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Texas however, has not seen a significant change in the percentage of people who are middle class. Many states have (almost all negative). Plus, we both know you cannot judge median incomes as needing to be the same in 50 states, a comparison of salary equalization on salary.com indicates why. Huge COL differential, as jane_smith correctly stated in her eloquent post.

UTC gov't big leap, LOL..dealt with them, pal, and w/o the gov't, they fall hundreds of places amongst fortune 500.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:25 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Go to the Texas board and you will see Texans on here aren't actually in love with him either. There are many Ron Paul fans though.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Spade, All pols ratings are in the tank. At one point DM ranked worst in pols amongst newbies. Not a good time to lead.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Go to the Texas board and you will see Texans on here aren't actually in love with him either. There are many Ron Paul fans though.
I adore Ron Paul. I love the sence of Liberty

Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 AM

1,195 posts, read 1,627,084 times
Interesting that no one has responded to hamellr's post of state rankings.

I think that post says it all - you can see what comes with your 'low cost of living' in pretty brutal terms.

You get what you pay for. ALWAYS.. you just might not know it at first glance.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:41 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,976 times
First Choice - Ron Paul
Second Choice - Rick Perry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut