Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Interesting that no one has responded to hamellr's post of state rankings.

I think that post says it all - you can see what comes with your 'low cost of living' in pretty brutal terms.

You get what you pay for. ALWAYS.. you just might not know it at first glance.

So what do we get thats so special for paying more taxes than the rest of the country? We have ghettos, we have crime, we have baseheads, we have poor, we have gangs, we have drugs, we have corrupt politicians..... Are those the things our taxes buy us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 PM

811 posts, read 1,739,777 times
If you take Perry's comments in perspective; it's just the way the game is played. It might get him votes saying he doesn't want to look like the state slated for some of the worst job growth in the country. And if it offends CT residents, who usually vote democratic, well he's not losing anything.

There are certain states that are shoe ins for both parties. They're going to compete for battle ground states at the expense of us. Harden up your rears Connecticut, because we're going to be kicked in the campaigns.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,399,527 times
Perry is another dumb redneck from Texas who has big business in his pocket and is a religious nut. He'd be worse than Bush. Exactly what the country doesn't need

Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptodream247 View Post
Considering he hasnt even finished his 1st term as president and Bush did two, I wouldnt say hes the 2nd worst president just yet....might just be the worst! Either way, I sadly will say I will vote for anyone other than Obama! Kinda like the reverse deal of the last elections where everyone voted for anyone other than Bush...go figure!

On a side note, Im thinking of registering as an Independent here in CT because I could care less about the Reps and Dems at this point!!! Then I probably wont vote for anyone and then I cant complain about who is president since I didnt cast a vote!

Bush didn't run in the last election. I agree about Rep & Dem, at this point their both liberal parties with different agendas. Ron Paul is the only one worth voteing for at the moment.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Bush didn't run in the last election. I agree about Rep & Dem, at this point their both liberal parties with different agendas. Ron Paul is the only one worth voteing for at the moment.
Yeah the republican party is liberal. lmfao

Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times
Quote:
So what do we get thats so special for paying more taxes than the rest of the country? We have ghettos, we have crime, we have baseheads, we have poor, we have gangs, we have drugs, we have corrupt politicians..... Are those the things our taxes buy us?

Yeah we may have ghettos and poor areas, which I'm sure those poors and ghetto folks are living better than most states. As for Texas which dose have the poorest county and the poorest city, while in Connecticut we have the richest...

Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 PM

93 posts, read 187,338 times
Quote:
Yeah I know Bush didnt run last election....I meant to say anyone other than the Rep candidate which they associated anyone who ran on the Rep side as a Bush supporter. Anyone attached to Bush's name had no chance...which is what happened with McCain. Although I must say, McCain was a bad choice as Rep candidate!!! I would have to look into Ron Paul but as of right now, I dont see anyone worth voting for!!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 PM

Doesn't Texas execute the most people(including Texas not signing the Geneva convention to protect children because they wanted to retain the right to execute 15 year olds), while at the same time they have one of the highest murder rates of any state?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,806,959 times
YOu can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. Crime Rate by State: The United States — Infoplease.com

Texas' murder rate is lower than California, Florida, D.C., Michigan, just to name a few. And I love that Texas executes the most. If you are a murderer and you murder in Texas, you have a much better chance of getting your just punishment, than say in CT, where Dan Malloy would oppose the death penalty for someone who does a home invasion, rapes and burns to death a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Doesn't Texas execute the most people(including Texas not signing the Geneva convention to protect children because they wanted to retain the right to execute 15 year olds), while at the same time they have one of the highest murder rates of any state?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
YOu can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. Crime Rate by State: The United States — Infoplease.com

Texas' murder rate is lower than California, Florida, D.C., Michigan, just to name a few. And I love that Texas executes the most. If you are a murderer and you murder in Texas, you have a much better chance of getting your just punishment, than say in CT, where Dan Malloy would oppose the death penalty for someone who does a home invasion, rapes and burns to death a family.
You'll notice I phrased it as a question to where it had one of the highest murder rates of any state. Yeah, drug deal gone bad = state executes a citizen. What ever happened to thou shalt not kill and two wrongs don't make a right? Anyway, Texas is way higher than many states that don't have a death penalty(nearly 4 times the murder rate of RI) and that's only one year of data. Southern states with death penalties are notorious for having high murder rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut