Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times

Advertisements

People Who Work in the Oil and Gas Industry

"Many different people help to provide consumers with refined products, natural gas and petrochemicals. In 2000 the upstream part of the industry (oil and gas extraction) employed about 311,000 people. This workforce is divided between two segments: Crude petroleum, natural gas, and natural gas liquids with about 129,000 jobs, and oil and gas field services with about 182,000 jobs. "

So my 50k increase most likely overstates its Texas impact. If Texas has 200k of the 311k jobs (>6 in 10 in US), that 50k requires a 25% increase in headcount. Unlikely, since automation has reduced manning requirements in recent years, and 25% is huge!

That still would leave 775,400 more Texas private sector jobs. (311k was national employment,btw).

If we had more Texas type job creation, we'd have low unemployment nationwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 03:58 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Avalon View Post
Look, one of the biggest reason for Texas large population is a huge teen-pregnancy (which we all should know that New England has the lowest teen-pregnancy)
You do realize of course, that it's not an uncommon practice for people to marry at 18 and start a family in TX right? That would be a teen, who was pregnant.

Also, they have a MUCH lower abortion rate (about 16%) vs CT (about 30%) and that generally goes as an "unreported teen pregnancy".

Just something to think about before thumping your "morality" chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
I have always agreed with this. To me, giving them death is the easy way out for them to avoid struggling through living the rest of their life thinking about what they've done. Unfortunately, most believers in the death penalty are also Christian and like to assume the person will go to hell for a future of eternal tormenting. Of course, maybe they forgot about the fact that the person can atone for their sins, and end up alright in the afterlife too.

But that's way off topic.
Way off topic? It way off base. LOL I love when non practicing Christians try and make explanations and assumptions for Christians. You really look foolish.

Quote:
Not only that it cost so much money just killed a person, I thought killing a person was free but actually what a waste of money.

Killing a person for justice just shows society that it's still okay to murder and at the same time, it's another cycle of murdering... it's no better what the murderer did while having large crowd of people pushing for death. To me that is a scary thing.

PS I'm sure there has been preachers come in for the person to repent of his/her sin before they die. Oh how nice of you TEXAS
So tell me are you pro-life as well? Didn't think so.

So in your book, it's not okay to protect the innocent, but it is okay to protect the guilty. Got it, just checking.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
You do realize of course, that it's not an uncommon practice for people to marry at 18 and start a family in TX right? That would be a teen, who was pregnant.

Also, they have a MUCH lower abortion rate (about 16%) vs CT (about 30%) and that generally goes as an "unreported teen pregnancy".

Just something to think about before thumping your "morality" chest.

Way off topic? It way off base. LOL I love when non practicing Christians try and make explanations and assumptions for Christians. You really look foolish.

So tell me are you pro-life as well? Didn't think so.

So in your book, it's not okay to protect the innocent, but it is okay to protect the guilty. Got it, just checking.
I knew that they dont do much abortion over in Texas (if there is any), but married in 18? I knew people around here that married at 16, even my aunt was married at 16 and started a family here. LOL I may look foolish to you but I hold a divine understanding in spiritism in which I do believe that the bible is all in errors according to what I seen in the bible it's all wrong I and see what the aramaic bible says.. also raise Assyrian Christian (dad side) and Roman catholic (mom side) then unto Pentecostal in my early life. And I am more pro-life because I wouldnt take away my own baby (although I'm male lol). I may not like the idea of abortion, but really it's people choices (since I believe in fate). It just like the idea of me being married to a same gender, but nobody likes that idea. To me, that is liberty.

PS: The guilty can have life in prison and the public wont be seeing the killer (maybe not a killer, never know)...

Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
I knew that they dont do much abortion over in Texas (if there is any), but married in 18? I knew people around here that married at 16, even my aunt was married at 16 and started a family here. LOL I may look foolish to you but I hold a divine understanding in spiritism in which I do believe that the bible is all in errors according to what I seen in the bible it's all wrong I and see what the aramaic bible says.. also raise Assyrian Christian (dad side) and Roman catholic (mom side) then unto Pentecostal in my early life. And I am more pro-life because I wouldnt take away my own baby (although I'm male lol). I may not like the idea of abortion, but really it's people choices (since I believe in fate). It just like the idea of me being married to a same gender, but nobody likes that idea. To me, that is liberty.

PS: The guilty can have life in prison and the public wont be seeing the killer (maybe not a killer, never know)...
Seriously? Tarot cards? Being "raised" Christian, and actually BEING a Christian are two different things. As I said "Non practicing Christian" which you are. But you know, all those errors and all...myself and the 10's of thousands of highly educated religious scholars (Both Jew and Christian) must just be idiots. You can keep the Aramaic, I'll stick to original Koinon Greek and Hebrew texts.

That aside, if you seriously think people in CT marry in their teens in any kind of number compared to rural middle/Southern America you need to get out more.

I'm glad you are okay with "choosing" to take an innocent life. That explains a lot why you are okay with protecting the person guilty of also taking innocent life. You pro-choicers sure are consistent if anything.

BTW, just to twist your head around...I'm not for the death penalty as it's currently used for various reasons that will bog down the thread, but I can certainly make a better argument for it than against it and am not against the principle.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,399,527 times
18 is an adult. 18 and 19 should NOT be counted when they do statistics on "teen pregnancies"

Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Can we actually see some stats on this married/pregnant at 19 thing? If there are stats to back it up, I have to agree. Married women should be excluded from teen pregnancy rates.

I was 18 and in Texas and I didn't know anyone married or preggers... But I guess I wouldn't meet them at the University.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 PM

824 posts, read 1,178,096 times
Rick Perry is a democrat in sheep's clothing, another RINO and even more dangerous then all others.

VOTE RON PAUL 2012.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:59 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
Rick Perry is a democrat in sheep's clothing, another RINO and even more dangerous then all others.

VOTE RON PAUL 2012.
He's certainly not a Democrat. I don't know why you think he would be. Which of his stands aligns with the Democratic Party Platform?

I think you meant to say he's not a right wing extremist. Which he's not. But a Democrat? No.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Seriously? Tarot cards? Being "raised" Christian, and actually BEING a Christian are two different things. As I said "Non practicing Christian" which you are. But you know, all those errors and all...myself and the 10's of thousands of highly educated religious scholars (Both Jew and Christian) must just be idiots. You can keep the Aramaic, I'll stick to original Koinon Greek and Hebrew texts.

That aside, if you seriously think people in CT marry in their teens in any kind of number compared to rural middle/Southern America you need to get out more.

I'm glad you are okay with "choosing" to take an innocent life. That explains a lot why you are okay with protecting the person guilty of also taking innocent life. You pro-choicers sure are consistent if anything.

BTW, just to twist your head around...I'm not for the death penalty as it's currently used for various reasons that will bog down the thread, but I can certainly make a better argument for it than against it and am not against the principle.
First of all yes I do tarot cards just because I believe in it. I was a Christian, yes, now I'm not. I just believe in some elements of old middle eastern christianity (KRISTEEANA). I was and a strict devoted one as well.

The greeks copy off the aramaic script, and people will go scream that it is greek, it is not, it's all lied far from the truth, ugh! Eeshoo msheekha (Christ Jesus; aramaic), help them all!

There are some greek script that have aramaic words. Seriously, all the earliest Christians were all Aramaic spreaking Jews and none-jews. I read the aramaic bible before which makes more sense and soothing feeling that I get from the holy spirit unlike the greek version. Just seems like Greek are being credited a lot of things these days, not suprised. Just like Greek taken over everything (I mean Greek-nized) through the aramaic speaking region turned it to Greek just like arabic language spread by Islam, ugh!

Christianity did spread throughout the Middle East as far south to Yemen island of socotra, as far east to China and India, by the aramaic speakers. Where can they find church older than the ones in Middle East? Hmmmmm? No Greek church is any older. Now, if we were to compared the aramaic and the greek version you will notice the greek mythology are hidden in their bibles. I'm sure any faithful Christian would deny that.

I'm sure all of Texans can learn some real good Middle Eastern History

Old 08-31-2011, 07:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
By the way, mlassoff, I was a bit surprised just 311k in oil and related employment. I'd have guessed 500k. Either way, that means 775k new Texas private sector jobs totally unrelated assuming they did not go up >25%, and Texas has at most 60% of that US total..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut