Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:58 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTJayC View Post
So far the new ones are actually WORSE than the old ones. Sure they are cleaner and the AC works, but they are even less reliable due to electrical gremlins. Also, I find the seats to be very uncomfortable, though perhaps that is by design.

That sucks..

I was in New Haven july saw the new ones running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 01:59 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times
Quote:
I disagree. It's like any other union gig. They bring in a TON of cash, and they do nothing but find ways to lose it. How can you bring in the money they do, and fail to profitably run a giant model train-set? You have a total monopoly on all commutation to NYC, and your BROKE??? M8's still need "testing" eh? More like the union just has some more bilking of the tax payers to do. Union corruption and bloat.
They have 20 Full set M8 Trains.....i guess you don't ride the MNRR daily? The Railroad Employees do not like seeing the Railroad in this shape , most of them live , eat and sleep with trains. Most Employees can be found at home with there Model train sets or out along some where filming trains. So the blame is then placed on Hartford. Look at NY , and NJ both Railroads are in better shape and with the same union.... The Railroads in North America were built up as Monopolies hench why the New Haven line only stops twice in NYC unlike the Harlem Railroad. Most of the cash they bring in goes to small upgrades. But the line like most of the Northeast Corridor needs Billions , its so broken and old....a small wind causes delays.... Hartford has done some work , but has dragged its feet on the big things.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:03 PM

462 posts, read 737,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
They have 20 Full set M8 Trains.....i guess you don't ride the MNRR daily? The Railroad Employees do not like seeing the Railroad in this shape , most of them live , eat and sleep with trains. Most Employees can be found at home with there Model train sets or out along some where filming trains. So the blame is then placed on Hartford. Look at NY , and NJ both Railroads are in better shape and with the same union.... The Railroads in North America were built up as Monopolies hench why the New Haven line only stops twice in NYC unlike the Harlem Railroad. Most of the cash they bring in goes to small upgrades. But the line like most of the Northeast Corridor needs Billions , its so broken and old....a small wind causes delays.... Hartford has done some work , but has dragged its feet on the big things.
I ride everyday. In fact, I take an M6 in and an M8 home everyday. I'm sick of the excuses. They bring in far too much money to be in the mess they are in. It's corruption, bloat and pure waste. I'm sick and tired of the 2 flier system. 1 says we're so sorry for the awful conditions, and other says we need more of your money. It's extortion, and this weaksauce state gov't has allowed them to get away with it for too long.

As for your worker's pride comment, give me a break. They are like any other gov't worker. Just looking for their next paycheck, and figuring out how little they have to do to get it. And if that's not the case, well then they have some serious PR work to do, because I am by no means the only person that feels that way. They are probably one or 2 incidents like last July away from a riot.

Last edited by SVTJayC; 08-29-2011 at 02:21 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 02:08 PM

576 posts, read 1,219,512 times
Quote:
Gov. Malloy has recently chosen James P. Redeker as Department of Transportation Commissioner

"Commissioner Redeker joined the DOT in 2008 after a 30-year career with the New Jersey Department of Transportation and NJ Transit – the third-largest transit agency in the country. His portfolio of experience includes strategic planning and policy, capital programming, transportation planning, transit-service planning and scheduling, transit-friendly development, demand forecasting, pricing, paratransit and community service delivery, customer service and technology infrastructure and application management."

Maybe Redeker will saved us all

Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,871,858 times
Quote:
Blame CDOT when it comes to the MNRR in CT
WTH are you talking about? What does CT DOT have to do with the ineptitude of Metro-North?????

Metro-North is so inept, that our governor told us in a press conference yesterday that M-N would not be running today. At the time, M-N was asserting that the New Haven line would be functional today.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,460,547 times
Regardless of how many M8's are in service, it's not enough. Harlem and Hudson trains are all new. By the time New Haven is all-new, the M8's will be out of date....again.

Although, from this article it looks like the increases are another back-door tax increase by Malloy - it's not even promising to fund improvements. Proposed Metro-North fare hikes blasted by commuters - Fairfield Citizen

Old 08-29-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
WTH are you talking about? What does CT DOT have to do with the ineptitude of Metro-North?????

Metro-North is so inept, that our governor told us in a press conference yesterday that M-N would not be running today. At the time, M-N was asserting that the New Haven line would be functional today.
CDOT runs MNRR in CT , most of the improvements are done by CDOT in CT. MNRR is one of the better Railroads in this region , but the New Haven line is one of the worst lines in this region due to be neglected by CT so much. During the 80s and 90s most of the LIRR and NJT were upgraded or replaced and expanding....MNRR only did that to the NY lines. There currently replacing the Wires , stations and and tracks in NY....CT just started on the wires. The Tracks have mostly been done and the signals are next.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
Regardless of how many M8's are in service, it's not enough. Harlem and Hudson trains are all new. By the time New Haven is all-new, the M8's will be out of date....again.

Although, from this article it looks like the increases are another back-door tax increase by Malloy - it's not even promising to fund improvements. Proposed Metro-North fare hikes blasted by commuters - Fairfield Citizen
Its not enough , but more are on the way , at least 10 are enroute from the Nebraska plant and 20 are under construction or in testing. Things should go faster now that the Nebraska plant is expanded and has its own testing track...

Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,954,783 times
Quote:
So far the new ones are actually WORSE than the old ones. Sure they are cleaner and the AC works, but they are even less reliable due to electrical gremlins. Also, I find the seats to be very uncomfortable, though perhaps that is by design.
I also find the seats to be uncomfortable in the new cars. I like to rest my legs against the seat in front, but in the new cars, the backs of the seats are hard plastic.

Where do you get on the train?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:04 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,460,547 times
Whoo-hoo...the main line is operational.

MNR Hurricane Alert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut