Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:40 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times

Advertisements

Oops. I just saw there is a similar thread. Oh well.

Anyway, this event illustrates how freedom of religion and secularized government cannot co-exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Anyway, this event illustrates how freedom of religion and secularized government cannot co-exist.
It's not a public school and has nothing to do with the government. What part of that is not clear?

Please post in the thread already going.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:47 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
nep321, please don't slander the South. This sort of thing is endemic to many areas, unfortunately.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
It's not a public school and has nothing to do with the government. What part of that is not clear?

Please post in the thread already going.
My thread is better because the title is more to the point and provides a LINK.

Anyway, you are correct that the Connecticut law does not prohibit a religious school from expelling a student for being gay. But like I said, religion, practiced 100% to the word, cannot co-exist with government. If that were the case, then it would be legal to have slaves, treat women as property and kill homosexuals. Therefore, the provisions and teachings of the Bible cannot be practiced in full. Because, over time, we as a society have determined that those teachings of the Bible are utter nonsense. It's called the moral zeitgeist.

That's one thing I love about CT. To most people, religion is not important.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
nep321, please don't slander the South. This sort of thing is endemic to many areas, unfortunately.
Oh I know, but it seems to happen a lot more in the southern states. Don't get me wrong....I love the South for what it is.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:59 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times
Quote:
My thread is better because the title is more to the point and provides a LINK.

Quote:
Anyway, you are correct that the Connecticut law does not prohibit a religious school from expelling a student for being gay. But like I said, religion, practiced 100% to the word, cannot co-exist with government. If that were the case, then it would be legal to have slaves, treat women as property and kill homosexuals. Therefore, the provisions and teachings of the Bible cannot be practiced in full. Because, over time, we as a society have determined that those teachings of the Bible are utter nonsense. It's called the moral zeitgeist.
You're completely wrong here, but really, it doesn't matter.

Quote:
About two million, three hundred eighty thousand people in CT disagree with you.

I'm out of this thread because it's a duplicate and you can't seem to comprehend something as basic as that. Ciao.

Last edited by JayCT; 09-23-2011 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Removed flame comment

Old 09-23-2011, 01:07 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,528 times
Default but they like to slander the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
In these posts Craig. Nope, I don't see much difference here than in the south.. Freedom of religion is a big thing though, down south.
It's a bit surprising, but maybe she did something outrageous that the article didn't mention, and that's why she was asked to leave, hard to say!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

You're completely wrong here, but really, it doesn't matter.

About two million, three hundred eighty thousand people in CT disagree with you.

I'm out of this thread because it's a duplicate and you can't seem to comprehend something as basic as that. Ciao.
I'm completely wrong? Prove to me that I'm wrong. Also, only 40% of CT residents regularly attend church. That's only about 1.5 million people. You're not just wrong. You're dead wrong. I will also mention that CT is the most religious state in New England, however. The other five states have even less than a 40% church attendance rate.

Last edited by JayCT; 09-23-2011 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Removed quoted flame

Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,437,897 times
Quote:
It's important to me and many other CT residents. Perhaps you don't know CT as well as you think you do.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
It's important to me and many other CT residents. Perhaps you don't know CT as well as you think you do.
In general, religion is not important to the average New Englander. That doesn't mean they don't believe in God or other mythological beings, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut