Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM

330 posts, read 1,401,888 times

Advertisements

So I've already been instructed that I can't miss the apple festival in Southington - something about world famous apple fritters. But I'm wondering - is there a link to a list of all CT festivals? Who can recommend their favorite fall festival? I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't a state fair in the fall - or at least not one that I can find info on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
Here is one of my personal favorites...Welcome to the Guilford Fair Home Page.

Visit Connecticut - State of Connecticut Office of Tourism - Official CT Tourism Site is a good place to explore and You Belong in CT - Fairs & Festivals is also good. Needs updating though.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:38 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
sgfudd - Connecticut use to have a State Fair, but because our state is so small and real estate is at a premium, the fair grounds were torn down for the Danbury Fair Mall years ago.

We do have another large regional fair called The Big E. The Big E is the New England States Exposition and it is held in September (this year the 14th to the 30th) in West Springfield, Massachusetts. It is a great regional fair with a LOT to see and do. You can check it out at The Big E.

Also note that there are a lot of small agricultural fairs held in the state. There is one just about every weekend between now and winter. Check out Association of Connecticut Fairs, Inc - www.ctfairs.org for information on them. There really are so many of them, we do not miss not having a state fair. Hope you enjoy them. Jay

Old 08-18-2007, 06:48 PM

330 posts, read 1,401,888 times
Thanks - I've bookmarked them all! YAY! Fall is going to be fabulous!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM

36 posts, read 125,117 times
Don't forget the Woodstock Fair on Labor Day weekend!

Woodstock Fair

The Woodstock Agricultural Society was organized in 1858. As we move into our 147th year, we continue to maintain one common theme: "The Woodstock Fair is a Harvest Celebration; it's a Homecoming; it's Fun, Educational, and Entertaining. It's an Institution of it's very own."

The Theme for 2007 will be "WOODSTOCK FAIR - MY FAVORITE THINGS"

Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM

286 posts, read 1,118,320 times
It's the wrong time of year for it right now, but the Shad Derby in May is fun, too, with a parade, fishing contests, and lots of fried dough! A lot of towns have smallish local fairs. Hebron has a little one, Berlin has a pretty big one, Farmington has polo grounds that host a variety of things over the summer and fall (I've been to horse shows and antique fairs).

As mentioned above, the Big E in Mass. is the closest thing to a state fair--it's kind of like the states pool their resources. It's a lot of fun, there are buildings dedicated to each New England state, along with all the typical food/rides/etc. Crazy busy on clear Saturdays, but still enjoyable.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 PM

48 posts, read 145,232 times
There are fairs every weekend from now until the fall. I picked up a booklet of all the fairs at my local feed store. Do you have a store like that in your area?

Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,018,408 times
The Durham Fair in Durham is great, and famous
late September Durham Fair - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut