Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times

Advertisements

Maybe you guys missed my post. It's hard to get free advice from an attorney but that came from an attorneys mouth. one who deals with zoning laws.

Regulations don't prevent you from having any livestock. So basically one is ok. If you either have a few of them or the cows produce something for someone else other than the owner, then it could be considered commercial. That would require the owner going through extensive fileings not to mention possible fees and lawsuits.

Last edited by Cambium; 12-15-2011 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 02:51 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Worst thing that can happen is that they tell you to moooooooooove them out of town.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Worst thing that can happen is that they tell you to moooooooooove them out of town.
That's no bull.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:09 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
That's no bull.
Egg-zactly!

Oh, sorry... that's a chicken joke.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:51 AM

37 posts, read 81,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelaki View Post
Out of curiousity have you ever lived closely with cows? I mean on a day to day basis, not just seeing them at a distance or driving past some.

I can tell you from experience that they are not like you probably think. Cows are dirty, smelly, and can actually be mean and difficult to handle. they require a great deal of care. IF you ever do get a few I hope you are ready for it, especially feeding them during a New England winter.
I've had cows before and this is why I want to keep them even in Greenwich.I enjoy having a few of my own so the taking care bit someone will do that for me.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Theres people & businesses in Greenwich with livestock already. I dont live there but in my experience the older money prevelent in Greenwich is alot more conservative & less worried about everyone else than towns like Darien, New Canaan, Westport, Wilton etc. Cows are quieter than dogs by a long shot, though they do create a stronger aroma.
At any rate a quick phone call I think would be much more informative than this place.
I was of the assumption that people on this forum actually live and have knowledge of the areas they live in.If someone grew up in Greenwich they are bound to know if someone has kept cows before or someone was once denied that request.In a way Cambium was very helpful and I will be moving on to the next stage.This was like an initial fact finding mission.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:02 AM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Hedge fund manager, are we?

Old 12-17-2011, 06:46 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
"Hey, Mel Gibson had farm animals on his Greenwich estate..."

Yes, but he probably only had them to make sure that no Jewish people moved in next door.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:51 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
"I was of the assumption that people on this forum actually live and have knowledge of the areas they live in.If someone grew up in Greenwich they are bound to know if someone has kept cows before or someone was once denied that request."

This forum is for all of CT, not just Greenwich. And to slice a smaller piece, you want someone that has had, or knows of one that tried to have, cows in Greenwich. That's like asking if you are allowed to have chickens in an upper east side brownstone. Does someone? Probably. Is it the place to go if that is your 'thing'...definitely not...the villagers will chase you out with flaming torches. But hey, 21 acres in Greenwich? Are you single?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
"I was of the assumption that people on this forum actually live and have knowledge of the areas they live in.If someone grew up in Greenwich they are bound to know if someone has kept cows before or someone was once denied that request."

This forum is for all of CT, not just Greenwich. And to slice a smaller piece, you want someone that has had, or knows of one that tried to have, cows in Greenwich. That's like asking if you are allowed to have chickens in an upper east side brownstone. Does someone? Probably. Is it the place to go if that is your 'thing'...definitely not...the villagers will chase you out with flaming torches. But hey, 21 acres in Greenwich? Are you single?
21 acres should be fine for me.I could easily get way more for a fraction of the price in Greenwich and ye I'm single but that shouldnt be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut