Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
How do we know it's high security? That would never have occurred to me. I have worked for corporations and they weren't "high security". Maybe times have changed?? Geeez, give people a break for not knowing corporations are now "high security". We always had a receptionist at the front desk, in fact I used to be one. We did often have people arrive unannounced just looking to speak to people.

Well, we live paycheck to paycheck, but we spend ridiculous amounts on college etc. Some would argue that our kids should foot the whole bill, but we believe in helping out even if we are living on mac and cheese. We drive old cars and don't vacation anymore etc. People have different priorities on what they "should" spend their money on. Maybe these people sacrifice all year long, don't exchange presents etc., obviously the displays are important to them and bring them joy. We just don't know what other sacrifices they are making to afford this annual display. Sadly, they may need to use the money saved on their electric bill towards an attorney. And an electrician...I agree they should call WTNH and make this more public, they should not have to pay an electrician a single dime.
CL-P is a very high security campus at their HQ in Berlin. So is UI in New Haven and Shelton. I disagree that we should give people a break for not knowing it's high security - it's common sense. Don't call a major corporation and make threats to "run through the front doors". That's plain stupid.

Regarding paycheck to paycheck, again, plain stupid IMO, but you're right that it's their choice. Just think - now they have a few thousand extra to take a nice vacation!

Some people are their own worst enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 08:34 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,975,595 times
Saying one is going to run through the front doors is in no way a threat unless you consider any face-to-face interaction a threat.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
Saying one is going to run through the front doors is in no way a threat unless you consider any face-to-face interaction a threat.
It absolutely is.

Threat

1. a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course;.

2. an indication or warning of probable trouble:

Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,126 times
If he said it the way it was explained in the article, he NEVER THREATENED to do anything.. He ASKED a question...There IS a difference... And the contractor who F ed up was acting as an agent of CL&P, so indeed CL&P almost burnt down this guys house and their reps did not seem all that concerned about it the way it was explained there... Alot of wrong going on there.... He SHOULD have handled it better, BUT CL&P should have also handled it better seeing as they almost killed him and his whole family with their half-ass work.... All those involved with THAT should be facing more serious criminal charges than his threatening charges...

Old 12-22-2011, 09:50 AM

633 posts, read 1,644,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
If he said it the way it was explained in the article, he NEVER THREATENED to do anything.. He ASKED a question...There IS a difference... And the contractor who F ed up was acting as an agent of CL&P, so indeed CL&P almost burnt down this guys house and their reps did not seem all that concerned about it the way it was explained there... Alot of wrong going on there.... He SHOULD have handled it better, BUT CL&P should have also handled it better seeing as they almost killed him and his whole family with their half-ass work.... All those involved with THAT should be facing more serious criminal charges than his threatening charges...
Diff agree with you on this

There something unjustice and unfair about the situation....

Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking - which is why I didn't come to his defense.
Seriously? Money is super tight here now and we're practically paycheck to paycheck because I'm back in school and we just had to replace the water heater. Does that mean my kids shouldn't get Christmas presents?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:02 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
CL-P is a very high security campus at their HQ in Berlin. So is UI in New Haven and Shelton. I disagree that we should give people a break for not knowing it's high security - it's common sense. Don't call a major corporation and make threats to "run through the front doors". That's plain stupid.

Regarding paycheck to paycheck, again, plain stupid IMO, but you're right that it's their choice. Just think - now they have a few thousand extra to take a nice vacation!

Some people are their own worst enemy.
Or to hire an attorney…which he shouldn't have to. Sadly, the state utility commission isn't much of a help either.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Seriously? Money is super tight here now and we're practically paycheck to paycheck because I'm back in school and we just had to replace the water heater. Does that mean my kids shouldn't get Christmas presents?
Yes, seriously. I'm talking about putting his house on display for all to see - isn't that what he's complaining about?

Yes, CL&P should take responsiblity. I'm with you there. I would have handled the situation much differently, first calling the fire department before CL&P. Who the hell calls the power company before the fire department when you hear popping all around your house??!!

Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,975,595 times
Quote:
It absolutely is.

Threat

1. a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course;.

2. an indication or warning of probable trouble:
So right there by your own definition this is in no way a threat. He never declared intent to punish or injure and never indicated probable trouble.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
So right there by your own definition this is in no way a threat. He never declared intent to punish or injure and never indicated probable trouble.
You don't think threatening to "run through the doors" of a large company to yell at a higher up is not an indication of probable trouble? Look at the fourth word in the first sentence...see how it fits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut