Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
All i can say is, until you invite some of these poor victims to come live with you, be quiet.
Now that's some twisted logic, seeing that I wouldn't even ask my neighbor to move in should they be a victim of any kind.

But, God forbid, should you ever become the victim of an armed robbery, I'll promptly remind you that it's time to move to the heart of the ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 03:04 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764
Now that's some twisted logic

Nothing twisted about my logic. I don't do the typical CT "lip service" line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764
seeing that I wouldn't even ask my neighbor to move in should they be a victim of any kind.
You've just indirectly proven my point actually.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
You've just indirectly proven my point actually.
Elaboration is key. I believe you were trying to prove that we wouldn't accept hardened criminals in our homes. My point was that I wouldn't invite any stranger to live with me unless it were family.

If you were trying to prove something else, I'd like to know...

Old 12-26-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Elaboration is key. I believe you were trying to prove that we wouldn't accept hardened criminals in our homes. My point was that I wouldn't invite any stranger to live with me unless it were family.

If you were trying to prove something else, I'd like to know...
You were espousing such a dramatic concern for the poor people "stuck" in these horrible neighborhoods that i assumed it meant you were willing to take some of them in.

Guess not.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You were espousing such a dramatic concern for the poor people "stuck" in these horrible neighborhoods that i assumed it meant you were willing to take some of them in.

Guess not.
1:

I didn't use the word "stuck".

and 2:

I only have one extra bedroom and it's DW's at home office.

In response, I said I wouldn't take anyone in. I'm no bleeding heart "save the world" Occupier, but I won't stereotype an entire neighborhood of people because of a few thugs. I can see things for what they are, and generally care about

My point was that one should educate themselves on what actually goes on out there instead of making a blanket (and cruel to humanity) statement of "thinning the herd".

Again, the vast majority of people living in these neighborhoods are no more at fault as those of us living in, say, Branford and Stratford.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
1:
My point was that one should educate themselves on what actually goes on out there instead of making a blanket (and cruel to humanity) statement of "thinning the herd".
I'll acknowledge that innocent people do get caught in the crossfire occasionally. But, >90% of the time, it's thug on thug. Hence, "thin the herd".

Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 PM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
I'll acknowledge that innocent people do get caught in the crossfire occasionally. But, >90% of the time, it's thug on thug. Hence, "thin the herd".
You do very rarely hear about someone being murdered who wasn't into criminal activity at some point. When it does happen to a complete innocent, which was the case a couple times this year - then it's the worst kind of tragedy. I don't have quite as hardline of a view, but there is some truth in the fact that these communities aren't doing everything they can to improve things. And the culture is f'ed (no emphasis on education or hard work).

Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:

Guess not.
You don't see a difference between "thinning out the herd" (ie killing) vs. not taking a complete stranger into your home? Talk about some twisted thinking.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 AM

428 posts, read 831,860 times
If you are black New haven is a dangerous place, if you are Hispanic it is somewhat dangerous, if you are white it isn't very dangerous. I can only think of a couple of situations in which involved whites and only one murder in the time I've been living here. Though it pains and embarrasses me a bit to say, if you stay away from us Black folk your time in new haven will be as safe as anywhere else. Though I personally feel safe everywhere. I believe old fashioned views on masculinity Also the nicer areas of new haven are far nicer than what Nep and his sort can afford, and likely will ever be able to afford, so take much of hyperbole in this thread with a grain of salt.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM

428 posts, read 831,860 times
Quote:
However you put it, being so casual about another's death is highly immoral. At least by any good Christians standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut