Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,812 times

Advertisements

Dean Current and Prospective Milford Resident;

Milford is the place I chose to make my home because of its Affordability and quality of life. Milford I believe is the last affordable place to live within the vicinity of Fairfield County. Milford has many great beaches, with a pirate history. It is even rumored that buried treasure lay out somewhere on Charles Island! But more importantly than that Milford has great people great Schools and a very community driven atmosphere.

The downtown area has several Bars, and pubs each with great food and entertainment. We have bike rental establishments and bike trails around the shoreline and in the woods. I am proud to call Milford my home!

The politics of Milford are very Liberal, and a conservative will find his views challenged. However, the city is still open minded enough to have a republican Mayor.

Moderator cut- political ads not allowed

To access the town webpage visit Welcome to Milford CT

Last edited by skytrekker; 08-31-2007 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Poltical advertisements not allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
I grew up there and moved out. I had a good experience there and it was a great place to grow up. I am not even that old and I have seen a lot of changes in Milford, many I don't like, but some have been great such as the downtown revitalization. It has become insanely congested and overdeveloped in the last 10 years or so. I don't know if I'd call Milford very liberal...more middle of the road. I can't remember the last time they had a mayor who wasn't a Republican.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 6,812 times
Default Thanks for the reply!

Always good to hear peoples voices on our town. Hpefully things will improve. I keep track of everything I can and voice my thoughts on my blog. My company has also offered computer recycling to the town, of which has been more successful than I envisioned. Anytime you want to see what is going on in milford just google "Milford CT Daily Blog" and you will see what we are up to.

Rocco J. Frank Jr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut