Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:49 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,626,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Get a taser instead. Much lower probability of a fatal ending, no blood splatter to clean up. *BONUS*: Nobody said you're limited to pulling the trigger just once....
Agreed.. Unfortunately that's not good enough for armchair vigilantes. Better to kill, or even better, lynch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 05:09 PM

47 posts, read 87,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
In no way trying to start a gun debate. Just sharing our experience especially with a recent break in our home. The guy was caught and the local police told us he was a convicted felon and was armed with a handgun. If this were to happen again we are now prepared.

Because of this incident we both went and took classes and got our CT pistol permits. Despite CT's politics getting your permit is actually quite easy. We took the class and were signed off by our local police who actually said it was a wise choice.

The pistol class instructor said business is off the charts. My towns police department even said it was a good decision and that the amount of people getting permits is record high.

The amount of armed robberies by criminals in CT recently has been very high. It seems like everyday there is some kind of armed robbery.

Not trying to say go out and get a gun but our experience has taught us it was necessary.
all you needed to do was to set up alarms on your properity and house that gets the police at your door in minuts when they go off in the short time after the alarms scare off a trasspasser. .
when you have a gun. you can very eaeley get suspected or even blamed of somthing. whats more when theres a investagation by police of a crime commited involving a gun everyone that has a gun is included in such a investagation. your much beter off with out a gun.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunk View Post
all you needed to do was to set up alarms on your properity and house that gets the police at your door in minuts when they go off in the short time after the alarms scare off a trasspasser. .
when you have a gun. you can very eaeley get suspected or even blamed of somthing. whats more when theres a investagation by police of a crime commited involving a gun everyone that has a gun is included in such a investagation. your much beter off with out a gun.
Next time there is a home invasion in the news, make it a point to let the victims know that all they need is an alarm...what'll they do, throw the remote at them? I trust my training and skill with a pistol. A shotgun is way to long and unwieldy to move fast.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
trust my training and skill with a pistol. A shotgun is way to long and unwieldy to move fast.
LMAO, That's complete crap. Ask any leo what the best room clearer is. You don't see swat doing breaches with pistol's for a reason. Tactical shotgun or assault rifle. Long guns win everytime over a pistol, but the pistol is more a dirty harry gun nut revenge fantasy driven mentality. (ie sleep with a .44 under my pillow nonsense)

Old 01-02-2012, 08:11 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
LMAO, That's complete crap. Ask any leo what the best room clearer is. You don't see swat doing breaches with pistol's for a reason. Tactical shotgun or assault rifle. Long guns win everytime over a pistol, but the pistol is more a dirty harry gun nut revenge fantasy driven mentality. (ie sleep with a .44 under my pillow nonsense)
When's the last time you stumbled around in the dark with a long gun ya d-nozzle?? I'm talking about knowing what your doing VS spraying and praying. Leo, give me a effin break...

Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
When's the last time you stumbled around in the dark with a long gun ya d-nozzle?? I'm talking about knowing what your doing VS spraying and praying. Leo, give me a effin break...
How's that different from stumbling around in the dark with a handgun. Buckshot Vs trying to shoot a single small bullet in the dark? Come on now.

Also, it's best to STAY PUT with an intruder in your house in a room with your family and yell out you have a shotgun and pump it right then and there. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time that guy is going to hop tail it out the door. Unless you happen to be a target of a contract hit, that guy is gone. If he's crazy enough to make entry....you get him as soon as he comes through the door with the 12 gauge. Aiming a 12 guage center mass at point blank range is not spraying and praying. It's called....you cant' miss..and he aint returning fire.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 AM

47 posts, read 87,543 times
what if you was forced to shoot the intruder and killd him
could you live with it.. when there are alarms that can scan your whole property and house and when it goes off it alerts the police that treet the alert as priority red alert that sends them to your house quick. there are alarms like that that work with the cops.
the intruder wont even make it to your door or window before they get there. my brother in florida has that it works

Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,252 times
Quote:
You can always count on the police to arrive within minutes when it is seconds that count.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
what if you was forced to shoot the intruder and killd him
could you live with it.. when there are alarms that can scan your whole property and house and when it goes off it alerts the police that treet the alert as priority red alert that sends them to your house quick. there are alarms like that that work with the cops.
the intruder wont even make it to your door or window before they get there. my brother in florida has that it works
Well having an alarm system is just common sense. Especially one that makes a loud alarm when a door is opened or glass broken. I don't know why someone would own a house without a basic alarm system.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM

512 posts, read 1,755,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Well having an alarm system is just common sense. Especially one that makes a loud alarm when a door is opened or glass broken. I don't know why someone would own a house without a basic alarm system.
Sure, it makes sense. Perhaps some NRA bumper stickers on the outside vehicles would work as a good deterrent, too.

Recently a number of houses have been broken into. I live in suburban NJ. Anyway, when discussing this with a couple neighbors of mine, they both mentioned having a couple 45s ready in their house.

I'm going to get my pistol permit too. Long overdue. However, a shotgun is probably sufficient to protect a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut