Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,304 times

Advertisements

Alright I hope there aren't a bunch of hating people here, I am a noobie here. But I figured what the heck. I guess I got this paper from the state saying that I was no longer enrolled in the medicaid for the employed disabled but now I'm on a S99 spend down. I heard thats kind of a bad thing. I am disabled and have been for years and I have been getting medicaid to pay for medicare premiums. Feel free to judge here. I was making money at a part time job. I was with ticket to work, but my counselors tell me that part time work is only best suited for me and that full time work is not for me. So there you go.

Anyway I was paying a premium every month and now it says I don't have one. It did not say how much I had for my spend down either. weird.... So I want to ask is this pharse and should I contact my local social services office. I need the help to be put back on the Medicaid for the blind, disabled and aged program asap. Until I can find some part time work. I guess my job counselors told me to give up my career as a Graphic Designer and do it as a hobby, because it is too much stress for me. And meeting deadlines is just going to make me unstable and my health really bad. So now it's back to the drawing board. What the heck here? I like drawing and graphic design it's what I went to school for. But now they are thinking being a mentor would be more down my alley and I have to agree with them.

But anyway about this S99 thing. I don't know if it says spend down but does not list how much I have to pay, just a zero premium then I think I'm in the clear right. I still will call them. Gosh I just hope you guys are understanding that I don't like sucking off the government and my whole thing was to get off this craziness of SSDI only to prove that I could not do it.

Even SSDI office contacted me after my trial work period saying that I just wasn't suitable for full time work. It sucks. I will make the best of it. But this spend down thing has got me like going nuts. Any help here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 03:17 PM

720 posts, read 1,708,726 times
Sorry I'm not knowledgable on the spend down thing, your best bet is to get in touch with your social worker. I just wanted to put a response here----I've also been on disability for almost 7 years---every time I get ready to try working , I need another operation (10 in 7 years)---would sure rather be able to work, but it's just not happening--and of course I'm not getting any younger!! If people judge without knowing the whole story--ah well, that's their problem. Try not to worry about judgmental *****holes.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:50 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
Generally "spend down" is the amount Medicaid has determined you must spend before coverage kicks in. It will usually be a set amount. It could be a one time amount or a monthly amount. You really need to talk to your social worker for the specifics of your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut