Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,813 times

Advertisements

If anyone living in Killingworth can give an honest review of the schools, it would be much appreciated. I've seen some bad reviews online regarding bullying in the elementary school as recent as 2010. There are also complaints with principals of the elementary and middle schools. What is the climate in the schools and the general feeling of parents? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 PM

34,716 posts, read 56,524,406 times
Killingworth is part of Regional School District 17 along with Haddam. The students there perform well above the state averages on the Connecticut Mastery and Connecticut Academi Performance Tests and the class sizes seem reasonable. About the only issue I see is that as a regional school district students may have to travel a pretty long way to get to school and other activities. Check the link below for more information on schools in Connecticut. Jay

State Department of Education - CEDaR

Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM

34,716 posts, read 56,524,406 times
I should add that every school has parents who complain. Those are the ones who will post complaints online. Parents who are satified do not usually post.

We had a wonderful school and principal for my kids and we still heard some parents complain. One who we were friendly with even pulled her daughter out of the school and sent her to private blaming the school for her kids problems. That lasted a couple of months and the daughter returned. I think the mother realized how good the school was once she saw another one. Jay

Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM

16 posts, read 59,206 times
Default I wouldn't worry

While I don't live in Killingworth, I do live in Clinton, the next town over from there. Killingworth is a very nice, sleepy, small town and it's definitely NOT one of the areas I think of when I think of "bad" schools . This part of the state is generally known for having good pretty schools so i wouldn't worry.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,813 times
Thanks to both of you for the feedback. I have lived in Guilford for 8 years and it has just become so congested (we live near town), I feel like I'm in the city, lots of traffic, fire engines blaring constantly (we live on a fire station route). We are looking for a quieter setting with some land. While our home search includes north of town and I realize that Guilford schools are ranked higher, we haven't been thrilled with the homes we've seen so far. Killingworth seems to have what we are looking for and housing prices are much more reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut