Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

I was there today, and it's a beautiful spot.

Anyone know when they start charging non-residents for parking, and about how much it usually is?

As an aside, gorgeous town that Madison. If it weren't for my industry forcing me to work in FFC, I would've seriously considered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 05:17 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
I love Madison. We looked there when we were upsizing last year. Only problem was it wasn't convenient to either of our jobs, but if it were, we'd be there in a heartbeat.

I fully plan on living (or at least having a cottage) in Madison, Old Saybrook, Westbrook or Clinton. That's my favorite area of the Northeast, and perhaps the country.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times
They usually limit access from Memorial Day through Labor Day , which is when lifeguards, concessions, etc. are up and running. Non resident fee has been $25 a day.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
The Surf Club is beautiful, as is pretty much all of Madison. I have family there and my good friend bought a very modest beach shack there and they love it. About the only thing wrong with the area is the lack of easy access to major shopping (i.e. malls, big box stores). Still it is a great area. Jay

Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The Surf Club is beautiful, as is pretty much all of Madison. I have family there and my good friend bought a very modest beach shack there and they love it. About the only thing wrong with the area is the lack of easy access to major shopping (i.e. malls, big box stores). Still it is a great area. Jay
The outlets more than make up for the lack of malls along the central CT shoreline. I do hear you on big box shopping though; closest would be North Haven I think.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The outlets more than make up for the lack of malls along the central CT shoreline. I do hear you on big box shopping though; closest would be North Haven I think.
Or Waterford. I don't know that the outlets do make up for it. It depends the type of shopper you are. I know I have said this before but a sizable number of customers at Nordstrom's West Hartford store come from Madison including people I know. It is kind of a long way to go to shop but I guess people don't mind the drive when you have to drive anyway to get to a major shopping center. Jay

Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Or Waterford. I don't know that the outlets do make up for it. It depends the type of shopper you are. I know I have said this before but a sizable number of customers at Nordstrom's West Hartford store come from Madison including people I know. It is kind of a long way to go to shop but I guess people don't mind the drive when you have to drive anyway to get to a major shopping center. Jay
Maybe in the winter months, I can see that, since the outlets are outdoor. But I don't see what malls offer other than Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. For that, Milford is a lot closer. I live in Branford and nobody I know in town frequents the West Farms Mall.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,086,032 times
I live in Milford and go to the outlets more than the mall. I'm a minority though.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Maybe in the winter months, I can see that, since the outlets are outdoor. But I don't see what malls offer other than Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. For that, Milford is a lot closer. I live in Branford and nobody I know in town frequents the West Farms Mall.
Well again, it depends on the type of shopper you are and what you buy. When you are looking for a selection of clothing to choose from, a mall offers more. The outlets can have limited selections.

Milford is the closest major mall but the stores are not as upscale as West Farms. My family in Madison would travel up to West Farms to shop for the selection of stores. They would also go out to Waterford which though it is father, there was less traffic so it took about the same time. Jay

Old 02-24-2012, 11:24 AM

1,549 posts, read 3,055,664 times
is this Surf Club the same one that used to be in West Haven before the Savin Rock renewal? There was a Surf Club right across from the midget racing track. Just down the street from Turk's and Jimmies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut