Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,730 times

Advertisements

Hello. We are relocating to Connecticut (most likely the greater Hartford vicinity). We have a 12 year old son and 17 year old daughter. My son is very active in the travel baseball program here in Indianapolis and we would like to know find information regarding the 12 year programs for travel baseball in the Hartford area. Our daughter is entering her senior year. She is very concerned about the transition. Are their any alternative high schools in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 10:15 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,026,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomack View Post
Hello. We are relocating to Connecticut (most likely the greater Hartford vicinity). We have a 12 year old son and 17 year old daughter. My son is very active in the travel baseball program here in Indianapolis and we would like to know find information regarding the 12 year programs for travel baseball in the Hartford area. Our daughter is entering her senior year. She is very concerned about the transition. Are their any alternative high schools in the area?
Firstly welcome to our beautiful state, I am sure you and your family will enjoy living here.

For travel baseball try this link-it may be helpful Connecticut*::*Heavy Hitter Baseball*Heavy Hitter Baseball Bats

As for alternative education- most towns in the greater Hartford area offer programs such as this. I worked for one for several years.

Do ask us here on the CT forum for additional information.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 PM

34,946 posts, read 56,970,098 times
rynomack - Welcome to Connecticut. I think you will like it here. What type of alternative school are you looking for. As Skytrekker indicated, there are several in the area. I should note to you however, that many of the public high schools here are excellent with a lot of alternative courses being offered. Also, what tyep of town are you looking for? There are a number of excellent travel baseball teams. Here in Glstonbury there is the Glastonbury Amatuer League which I hear great things about. Jay

Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM

44 posts, read 124,402 times
Hi,

The best competetive traveling baseball team in the area is the CT Baseball Academy on Burnside Avenue in East Hartford. Indoor training facility, great staff. I think that's what you are looking for in the greater Hartford area. Their site is very informational and will probably answer all of your questions regarding their outlook and goals. Connecticut Baseball Academy - 525 Burnside Avenue - East Hartford, Connecticut 06108 - 860-282-0755

Went there a lot as a kid. If you're son is serious about baseball, this is the place to be. Sorry I can't think of any other places in the Hartford area. Junior American Legion teams have sprouted up in the area for competitive high school ball players when Legion Teams have high turnout for spring tryouts. But that's still a few years away for your son.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:45 PM

34,946 posts, read 56,970,098 times
There is also Baseball City in Hartford. Excellent new facility. They have traveling teams as well. Check their web site. Jay

http://www.baseballcityct.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut