Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 AM

53 posts, read 56,754 times

Advertisements

I'm a former New Yorker. I moved to Greenwich 13 years ago to escaped not only the high tax rate but the rude, loud,aggressive people that makes up many of the N.Y mind set. Now I find more and more of them In Greenwich, Not buying homes but coming to town. You can tell them by there loud ways on the Greenwich Ave, There pushy ways in the stores and last, Which pissed me off just now. Throwing junk out the window. Within 6 months I've seen a fight over a parking space ( Two New York tagged cars) A New York tagged car damn near run over a kid at the cross walk in Old Greenwich (The the driver started yelling at the kids mom) And this A-hole at the light by the fire dept in Cos Cob just throw a few papers rolled up out the window. Yes I know there are people like this in every state and town but damn if I don't find it to be a heck of a lot of New Yorkers LOL. If your coming to town loss the "In your face, I don't gave a damn ways".....or say in New York LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I would say that most of Greenwich is made up of former New Yorkers escaping the city. There also are a lot that come to town to shop, visit, work, etc. Just like people from any other city, not all are bad. But it only takes a couple to make it seem like everyone is bad. Jay

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Sorry, but a lot of southwestern CT is this way. I don't notice any difference between the pushy behavior in Harrison and the pushy behavior in Hamden. Lots of type A rudeness; that's just the urban Northeast for you.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
The biggest problem with Greenwich....its to close to NY
You're right. Let's move it.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You're right. Let's move it.
LOL - some of these threads are incredibly, for lack of a better word, stupid.

Greenwich would be absolutely nothing without New York. Same goes for much of CT, like it or not.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
LOL - some of these threads are incredibly, for lack of a better word, stupid.

Greenwich would be absolutely nothing without New York. Same goes for much of CT, like it or not.
Greenwich would certainly not be one of the wealthiest and most desirable towns in the country without New York but I do not necessarily agree with your comment on the rest of Connecticut. Both Hartford and New Haven are major cities and don't necessarily rely on being in close proximity to New York for much. This is more true for Hartford than for New Haven but still true for both cities. Jay

Old 04-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Greenwich would certainly not be one of the wealthiest and most desirable towns in the country without New York but I do not necessarily agree with your comment on the rest of Connecticut. Both Hartford and New Haven are major cities and don't necessarily rely on being in close proximity to New York for much. This is more true for Hartford than for New Haven but still true for both cities. Jay
That's why I said "much of CT" and not all of CT. That said, a LOT of what exists in New Haven can be traced back to NYC. A good 50% of the state lives in an area that is at least somewhat dependent on New York.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Good thing for those of us that are residents of Ct. A ccp is much easier to obtain here than NY, and shovels are cheap. Rude NYer problem solved.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
If you draw a line from Danbury to Bridgeport, I think everything south and west of that is basically what it is because of NY. Danbury and Bridgeport would be almost the size they are now but Stamford, Greenwich, etc. are pretty much who they are because of proximity to NY. The rest of the state I agree with Jay, New Haven from what I've seen appears pretty independent of NY despite Metro North going there, and having spent a summer in the Hartford area 2 years ago, I could almost argue from what I saw that it is as "Boston influenced" as it is "NY influenced" (but truth be told it's the one metro in the state that's pretty "independent").....if you hate Greenwich but like CT move there.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvon.zipper View Post
I'm a former New Yorker. I moved to Greenwich 13 years ago to escaped not only the high tax rate but the rude, loud,aggressive people that makes up many of the N.Y mind set. Now I find more and more of them In Greenwich, Not buying homes but coming to town. You can tell them by there loud ways on the Greenwich Ave, There pushy ways in the stores and last, Which pissed me off just now. Throwing junk out the window. Within 6 months I've seen a fight over a parking space ( Two New York tagged cars) A New York tagged car damn near run over a kid at the cross walk in Old Greenwich (The the driver started yelling at the kids mom) And this A-hole at the light by the fire dept in Cos Cob just throw a few papers rolled up out the window. Yes I know there are people like this in every state and town but damn if I don't find it to be a heck of a lot of New Yorkers LOL. If your coming to town loss the "In your face, I don't gave a damn ways".....or say in New York LOL
I'd have done that too.

I hate slow drivers, especially the fatties who drive slowly in the am when I'm trying to get to the gym on time. I miss every orange signal becoz these slobs move at snail's pace. And those damn red signals are timer operated. I have no more nails to bite.

Every morning, the crocodile can be found swearing at the car before him and the insane traffic in the Stamford area. Why won't people step up? Some buggers drive in 2 lanes, so passing them is not an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut