Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,594,864 times

Advertisements

In 1974 my folks sent me to a YMCA camp in Greenwich. we would get picked at the White plains YMCA and get bused to the YMCA camp in Greenwich. Where in Greenwich was this? exit 4 in Cos Cob? is it still there?

In '81 I was visiting the Yale campus with a friend and we ended up in a restaurant with very high ceilings with a light airy color scheme, almost like a restaurant you might see in Europe. I remember having a rice pudding at the area where you order behind the table rather than have a waiter come up to you. I think the restaurant was pretty close to campus

In '82 I went up with some friends to a shopping mall at exit 47 on I 95, the mall was very close to I 95, i remember going into a music store to check out some record albums. the mall had a busy cosmopolitan feel to it, very urban. what was the name of the mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 05:00 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,720,744 times
I'll take guesses, not sure if they're right.

The White Plains YMCA has its own summer day camp on King St. in Greenwich. Pretty far up King St. - actually maybe only a mile from the Westchester County airport. But it is in Greenwich.

The restaurant may be the Union League Cafe on Chapel St. in New Haven. It has very high ceilings with great big palladium type windows. I'd consider it light and open . I'm sure they have a website- look to see it seems familiar.

The mall is the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford, CT.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM

21,611 posts, read 27,867,998 times
The mall might have been the one in downtown which is long gone.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 PM

1,310 posts, read 2,611,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
The restaurant may be the Union League Cafe on Chapel St. in New Haven. It has very high ceilings with great big palladium type windows. I'd consider it light and open . I'm sure they have a website- look to see it seems familiar.
I was also going to say Union League Cafe. But the part about the waiter not coming to you seems wrong -- unless maybe you were in the bar/lounge area, and not the dining area proper.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,720,744 times
Style- I think you're right about the mall. I missed the exit 47 quote. That would be Long Wharf which would have been near the old Chapel Square Mall. That is gone and the site became luxury rental housing today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut