Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 14,172 times

Advertisements

I'm late to the game, frankly because I was phobic of other peole on the road having been in a bunch of accidents growing up caused by other people.

I finally took the plunge and decided I need to have this done, because relying on the ever annoyingly changing bus system is pissing me off.

I had my classes at Tom's in greenwich and I love their instructors, so nice and informative. My instructor said when i go to take my test, take it in Danbury bc theyre nicer. I was ready to go.

Passed the knowledge test. All 20 right. (norwalk dmv)
Went to available test at all in Danbury. So I had no choice but to choose Bridgeport (i would have loved to choose danbury but its so far, I live in Greenwich) The place I've been told to avoid.

Has anyone taken their test there? I've read about their mean staff and I'm nervous. I get bad anxiety around rude/bad aura people. any words of advice for a first time test taker? Ive been told i drive well, but I tend to freeze up on tests.

(btw so worry for any typos. Im a bad iphone typer)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 01:28 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,421,006 times
You have just as good of a chance of getting a rude DMV person in Bridgeport as you do in any other city. Why would Bridgeport be especially rude as compared to Danbury? That's an odd thing for your instructor to say. let's be honest, no DMV is known for their friendliness and helpful attitude. The instructor will ask you to do things, if you do them correctly, you'll pass. If you do them incorrectly, you'll fail. This holds true whether or not the instructor is "nice" or not. Unless to you, "nice" means they'll pass you when they shouldn't or turn a blind eye to mistakes.

Relax. If you know your stuff, you'll be fine.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 14,172 times
I interpret niceness based on attitude, ive been failed by really nice people and it didnt hane my opinion. Just the stories you hear about the instructor whos day sucked and takes it out on you.

My brother took his first test in bridgeport and they failed him forsomething danbury passed him for. He made a left onto a oneway street and stayed in the middle bc there was no line and it wasnt even that wide for 2 cars to pass side by side and he was supposedly supposed to stay onthe left side.

I'm doing my best to chill out. I try to Relax but then I start shaking uncontrollably when its something important, probably something I should get medicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut