Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,835,200 times

Advertisements

The Day - Textile mill in Vernon succumbs to pressures, closes | News from southeastern Connecticut

Sad.

Is Malloy doing anything to promote entreprenuerialship and pro-business policies?

With the recent P&W layoffs of 300 people, and now this, can someone tell me just how the business and employment situation is getting better? Thank god I didn't vote for this guy. When was the last time that solid Democratic/liberal ideas or stimulus led to significant business growth and reduced the unemployment rate drastically? Anyone have proof of that or historical examples within the U.S.?

Add to that, the pathetically weak recovery from Barack Obama, in which the unemployment rate went UP last month. He said that he was going to create 5 MILLION energy industry jobs over the ten year period beginning with his presidency. How did that turn out??? The situation is barely improving, and he's running out of excuses, this late in the game, along with his buddy Dannel Malloy. Also, they are doing NOTHING about Chinese currency manipulation, which is a MUCH bigger problem than I originally thought, after doing lots of research and reading about it.

Not to mention, 75% of the blue states in this country are BANKRUPT or in DEEP debt, including CT!

If these liberal policies of "pretty please" to foreign nations continue, China will likely become the #1 largest economy in the world by 2014.

And they're laughing at us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,894,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The Day - Textile mill in Vernon succumbs to pressures, closes | News from southeastern Connecticut

Sad.

Is Malloy doing anything to promote entreprenuerialship and pro-business policies?

With the recent P&W layoffs of 300 people, and now this, can someone tell me just how the business and employment situation is getting better? Thank god I didn't vote for this guy. When was the last time that solid Democratic/liberal ideas or stimulus led to significant business growth and reduced the unemployment rate drastically? Anyone have proof of that or historical examples within the U.S.?

Add to that, the pathetically weak recovery from Barack Obama, in which the unemployment rate went UP last month. He said that he was going to create 5 MILLION energy industry jobs over the ten year period beginning with his presidency. How did that turn out??? The situation is barely improving, and he's running out of excuses, this late in the game, along with his buddy Dannel Malloy. Also, they are doing NOTHING about Chinese currency manipulation, which is a MUCH bigger problem than I originally thought, after doing lots of research and reading about it.

Not to mention, 75% of the blue states in this country are BANKRUPT or in DEEP debt, including CT!

If these liberal policies of "pretty please" to foreign nations continue, China will likely become the #1 largest economy in the world by 2014.

And they're laughing at us.
I didn't know that many were even left in NE-175. Currency could be a crippler in that industry.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,074,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Yes. Start-up businesses focus of new CT initiative | Through Startup America connection, state hopes to grow businesses that will grow jobs | HartfordBusiness.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut