Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 07:59 PM

83,282 posts, read 74,503,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
Rain and high humidity... Crappy summer
Agree on crappy but maybe our definition of "bust" is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
maybe my years in Charlotte had an effect.
It would for sure, give it a few more months to let it out of your system. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
my bamboo, palms, potted citrus trees look like they are in Thailand right now
No wonder why my Lemon tree and Bananna plants are growing wild.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 PM

Interesting weather info. High dewpoints/humidity = higher chances for Tornados.

https://www.facebook.com/MattNoyesFa...26066994079521

Video of the Coventry, CT, tornado. This speaks to what I mentioned in on-air coverage of the several tornado warnings over the past week and a half - tropical airmasses produce low altitude cloud bases that typically produce weak (EF0, EF1, infrequently EF2) tornadoes that spin up briefly, then skip along or retreat into the cloud. The rapid touchdown and recoil evident here drives home the point I often try to make that Tornado Warnings, even when issued because of doppler radar presentation with no ground confirmation, can produce a tornado at literally anytime - in this case, within seconds - then retreat. This tornado touched down several times over the course of its 11.2 mile lifespan

Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,068,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Agree on crappy but maybe our definition of "bust" is different.

It would for sure, give it a few more months to let it out of your system. lol

No wonder why my Lemon tree and Bananna plants are growing wild.
Well let me just say that 2 magical words help make summer more comfortable. CENTRAL AIR. Sitting outside not in the pool equals not desirable. I guess my point is in Charlotte the 5 years I was there most of the time in summer it was unbearably hot during the day. Ironic this year they are having a cooler wet summer...figures.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 PM

11,242 posts, read 18,717,750 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how to reply to this, lol. Its one of my worst summers I can remember. Dewpoints have been above 60° since June 22nd. Nights are digustingly warm. Daytime heat index in the upper 80s and 90s. Almost half way through July and practically every station is having its warmest ever July so far.

And Summer just started.

Hey guys, enjoy this Friday/Saturday break cause its gonna get oppressive again. There's just no end in sight.

Give me 100's I dont care, just enough with this unbreathable tropical airmass!

This is a unique summer, and what you said puts it best.

What makes it unique is that we are having a record warm July with high temperatures and the number of 90 degree + days only being a little above normal. Heck, Central Park and BDR haven't even gone past 92 or 93 yet. But we are having unusually long stretches of EVERY night staying over 70-degrees (well over 70 along the coast) and EVERY day having high humidity. Obviously (as JP03 said) we are not the desert and we are a rather moist part of the US, but most "normal" summers we have stretches of weather like this, stretches of very hot weather (that's usually a little dryer though not "dry" in the Phoenix or Las Vegas sense) that (especially inland) still have cooler nights than now, and shorter stretches of cooler weather. This summer has been virtually dominated by the first of the 3 types of weather I mentioned (whereas for example 2009 was dominated by the 3rd type which is also quite unusual).

Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 AM

So Bridgeport, CT(BDR) hasn't had a below normal night since June 20th.(22 nights in a row!)
Windsor Locks (BDL) since June 21st.
NYC since June 23rd.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 AM

Heat Wave coming again!!!!!! Horrible Summer. Horrible. Only rain chances I see are from instability. No big rains or storms

NWS Forecast for Bridgeport,CT. Time to Run and Hide again. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.1865478&lon=-73.19517669999999&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Bri dgeport%2C%20CT%2C%20USA

Old 07-12-2013, 07:33 AM

3,341 posts, read 4,125,227 times
Quote:
So Bridgeport, CT(BDR) hasn't had a below normal night since June 20th.(22 nights in a row!)
Windsor Locks (BDL) since June 21st.
NYC since June 23rd.
What about last night? I was well into the 60s (touched 63 sometime before I woke up). I'm pretty sure that indicates a lower dew point as well--- it would be raining otherwise

Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 AM

11,242 posts, read 18,717,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
What about last night? I was well into the 60s (touched 63 sometime before I woke up). I'm pretty sure that indicates a lower dew point as well--- it would be raining otherwise

The "streak" probably ends today or tomorrow (many places STILL didn't go below 70 last night due to the clouds, including all the NYC locales and BDR and Brainard Airport near downtown Hartford.....but BDL and White Plains just made it and Danbury was into the low 60s). But then it starts to come back, and we have more of a "classic" heat wave (i.e. mid 90s or more, thunderstorms possible but not a constant threat). Although NWS is still showing no temperatures higher than 93 for Central Park next week (but lows from Mon night on just below 80......yikes!).

Old 07-13-2013, 04:10 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,494,491 times
Enjoy today's weather. The heat is coming back next week. Some highlights from the NWS Boston/NY. I am going to stack firewood all day and can't wait for the cold weather to return...

]LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/... HIGHLIGHTS... *

HOT AND HUMID WEATHER NEXT WEEK *
MAINLY DRY EARLY IN THE WEEK WITH JUST A SPOT THUNDERSTORM OR TWO *
POTENTIAL FOR SOME SEVERE WEATHER LATE NEXT WEEK

MUGGY SUNDAY NIGHT...BUT WITH LESS CLOUDS/PATCHY FOG THAN TONIGHT. FOR MONDAY...850MB TEMPS RISE TO 18-19C...AND WITH A MOSTLY SUNNY AFTERNOON...EXPECTING HIGHS IN THE LOWER AND MIDDLE 90S FOR MUCH OF THE FORECAST AREA. WINDS IN THE MIXING LAYER...ALTHOUGH WITH AN OFFSHORE COMPONENT...LOOK LIGHT ENOUGH TO ALLOW FOR SEA BREEZES TO DEVELOP...AND ONCE AGAIN COMPLICATE THE SURFACE DEWPOINT FORECAST. DEWPOINTS IN THE BOUNDARY LAYER ARE FORECAST TO BE LOW ENOUGH TO ALLOW SURFACE DEWPOINTS TO DROP AT LEAST 3-5 DEGREES FROM 12Z READINGS. BUT WITH AMBIENT TEMPERATURES IN THE LOW-MID 90S IN THE CITY...WIDESPREAD HEAT INDEX VALUES OF AT LEAST 95 SHOULD BE REALIZED. OUTSIDE OF THE CITY...SPOTTY 100 DEGREE HEAT INDICES.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Enjoy today's weather. The heat is coming back next week. Some highlights from the NWS Boston/NY. I am going to stack firewood all day and can't wait for the cold weather to return....
lol! Nice. I actually stare at the logs that need to be split waiting and waiting for a dry day to do it. Speaking of winter, check out my last post here

Next weekend is starting to look GREAT!! But since we're in this hot pattern I dont believe any cool downs the long range is showing. (see how it works?) We'll see.

With the low temp of 68° at BDR that makes it 18 nights in a row above normal. Incredible. Here's the daily data

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut