Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
If the temp in Bridgeport OR Hartford goes over 75 (as you said WELL into the 70's)any day in October I'll give you props.. Otherwise, more spin from the warm weather spin-master...
Yes, October 70s more worth noting. Another way to put it is.... 75 is about 3 or 4 degrees above normal high now.
30s and 40s are about 6-10 below normal low.
I think the lows are more worth noting then the possible 70s. Low 70s is normal now.

On that note...

Here's how BDR and BDL look as far as departures last 2 weeks. Night lows are chilly.

(The CT spots that actually hit 30 had departures over 8 below normal last night)

Old 09-25-2012, 12:15 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Another way to put it is.... 75 is about 3 or 4 degrees above normal high now.
30s and 40s are about 6-10 below normal low.

...and that was my point: Although our normal highs in the Tri-State area are now (maybe even as of today) below 70 F...they are just slightly below 70 (like 68 F - lol). Your right - the 49 F low at Bridgeport was far more interesting for the day (the normal low is like 59 F).

Despite what the winter fans might be wishing for....mid even upper 70's still can easily happen in October (don't even rule out an 80 F). I think 7Wishs is on to something about some weather fans wishing winter in a good deal faster than it normal arrives in our area

Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Although our normal highs in the Tri-State area are now (maybe even as of today) below 70 F...they are just slightly below 70 (like 68 F - lol).

?? Typo?

Bridgeport Normal High is 71
Hartford is 72.

Low 70s are the normal high still. I believe they drop below 70 by next week.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:39 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
...and that was my point: Although our normal highs in the Tri-State area are now (maybe even as of today) below 70 F...they are just slightly below 70 (like 68 F - lol). Your right - the 49 F low at Bridgeport was far more interesting for the day (the normal low is like 59 F).

Despite what the winter fans might be wishing for....mid even upper 70's still can easily happen in October (don't even rule out an 80 F). I think 7Wishs is on to something about some weather fans wishing winter in a good deal faster than it normal arrives in our area
It CAN easily happen..I agree!!! I am just saying your "forecast" is no different than a cold weather guy looking at a model or trend and predicting lower than normal temps at some point in a period of time. Its all how you "spin" it.

For the record I don't want the cold weather in too fast...each season has its place. Cold weather is for winter..a nice crisp fall with moderate temps is fine with me.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
?? Typo?

Bridgeport Normal High is 71
Hartford is 72.

Low 70s are the normal high still. I believe they drop below 70 by next week.
Are you sure you sure?

Sadly, I think NWS Bridgeport fell below 70 F for an average high on the 24th. Check the NWS monthly Almanac. To be honest, while I wouldn’t turn over 70 F highs away in early October (that’s for sure)….60’s, even 50’s are not so bad. It’s those ugly highs in the low 40’s that arrive in early December that I can’t stand.

Thankfully, at this point at least…that’s a long way off….

Old 09-25-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Are you sure you sure?

Sadly, I think NWS Bridgeport fell below 70 F for an average high on the 24th. Check the NWS monthly Almanac.
Yes I am. Highlight bridgeport and Hartford and hit go. Looks like BDL dropped to 71 today. yesterdays norm was 72. Its dropping fast! LOL

BDR - National Weather Service Climate

BDL - National Weather Service Climate

Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
This link shows the Bridgeport normals for each day in Sept. Looks like it goes below 70 on the 28th. For some reason they're still using the 1971-2000 values so I don't know how much if at all it's changed:

SEPTEMBER CLIMATE SUMMARY - BRIDGEPORT CT

Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 PM

527 posts, read 1,281,756 times
Today was a beautiful day!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 AM

Default Oct. 1, 2012 Storm Update

Aside from the showers and T-Storm chances today lets go over what the models are showing for the so called bigger one.

Its not that impressive now. (maybe for Maine, not for us)

NAM, GFS and EURO start the rain on Friday night. GFS ends it Sunday night. Euro ends it Monday afternoon.

Euro shows low cloud cover Saturday and Saturday night.

Looks like its phasing too late. Exiting NJ then moving Northward. GFS and EURO have a strong low in Canada, not over us. Euro phases it slightly more West than GFS. Either way, it just some rains. Not a big threat anymore. .. We'll see if things change.

Its nice to see the Polar and Sub Jet in play.

Looks like No rain for a week after this weekends rain. Might be a nice fall feeling week with seasonable temps. No extremes either way.

Next chance of a big storm is October 6th. Here the GFS does not phased the 2 so it stays dry for us. We'll see.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Aside from the showers and T-Storm chances today lets go over what the models are showing for the so called bigger one.

Its not that impressive now. (maybe for Maine, not for us)

NAM, GFS and EURO start the rain on Friday night. GFS ends it Sunday night. Euro ends it Monday afternoon.

Euro shows low cloud cover Saturday and Saturday night.

Looks like its phasing too late. Exiting NJ then moving Northward. GFS and EURO have a strong low in Canada, not over us. Euro phases it slightly more West than GFS. Either way, it just some rains. Not a big threat anymore. .. We'll see if things change.

Its nice to see the Polar and Sub Jet in play.

Looks like No rain for a week after this weekends rain. Might be a nice fall feeling week with seasonable temps. No extremes either way.

Next chance of a big storm is October 6th. Here the GFS does not phased the 2 so it stays dry for us. We'll see.

Yes, you were right, I was thinking the 24th was the last of mean highs in the 70's...but it looks like we still have 48 hrs - lol.

As to the pattern - yes, the proximity of polar front and subtropical jet are interesting to see …but as you must know truly a fleeting situation this time of year. If you look at the upper-level pattern that will emerge going into this weekend – it looks like the jet stream will once again retreat well to the north. The upper level low you see in the Great Lakes sooner or later (more likley sooner) will get shoved eastward and offshore. Once that happens - that warm and dry air streaking across the Plains in the coming days will warm everyone downstream all the way to the East Coast. The only cool(ish) fall type highs (50’s ) look like they will be confined upper Great Lakes – otherwise upper 60’s and 70’s for most areas next week:

So I think light showers today, sunshine returns on Thur, then the weakening front stalls out for the weekend, with a mix of light showers and peaks of sun and semi warm temps near 70 F. Then high pressure, sunny skies, and rather warm temps (both day and night) for much of next week. Put another way….I think that "Fall in New England" theme they try to push quite hard at Channel 8 Weather might be a tough sell next week, esp below Boston.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut