Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,753,223 times

Advertisements

Style, I'm going to throw this out there for what it's worth. DH & friends/ relatives have rented jet skis at Westbrook Power Crafts. They go for $ 320 for a minimum four hours or $ 560 for 8 hours. Personally, I think it's insanely ridiculous but maybe it's cheaper than Milford or Fairfield county prices. Can't imagine one person paying for that.

If you want to take a day trip , there is this crazy place called the Purple Ape in Misquamicut that rents them for $ 75.00 for half an hour or $150 an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 02:17 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,424,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
The laws didn't stop the mutant kid next door to me when I was living in Danbury from driving up and down the street constantly, making a racket. Not only that, but he was driving on private property (my townhouse complex that his family wasn't a part of). Repeated calls to the cops did nothing. That was just one issue, on top of that train whistle noise, traffic, rowdy white trash bar, a garage operated by illegal immigrants that blared Hispanic rap. All this next door to an upscale townhouse community. Didn't live there long!

Glad you were able to move from your neighborhood. I live in East Haven and packs of ATV's ride up and down the streets day and night. If you cross over the Branford line (which my road leads to) you don't see this, ditto North Haven. A few years ago it was so bad, parents were dropping off kids and ATV's to ride in our area, then picking them up later. Nice for us to have to listen to those jerks. A Shoreline Greenway Trail is being built in this area for passive recreation, mainly walking. They kept going in, tearing up the trails, digging deep holes, etc. The trail committee had to arrange to have big boulders placed by the entrances. Now they tear up the lawn of the public school nearby. A real nice condo community near me had to also have boulders put in at the back of their property that led to a wooded area. They paid up to $300K for their places and didn't want to listen to all that noise if they wanted to sit outside. Repeated phone calls to the police do no good. The only solution for me seems to go to a 55+ community with a gated entrance.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 AM

740 posts, read 1,881,323 times
I asked the same question when moving to CT back in 2008. //www.city-data.com/forum/conne...tv-trails.html

Old 07-14-2012, 01:04 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Glad you were able to move from your neighborhood. I live in East Haven and packs of ATV's ride up and down the streets day and night. If you cross over the Branford line (which my road leads to) you don't see this, ditto North Haven. A few years ago it was so bad, parents were dropping off kids and ATV's to ride in our area, then picking them up later. Nice for us to have to listen to those jerks. A Shoreline Greenway Trail is being built in this area for passive recreation, mainly walking. They kept going in, tearing up the trails, digging deep holes, etc. The trail committee had to arrange to have big boulders placed by the entrances. Now they tear up the lawn of the public school nearby. A real nice condo community near me had to also have boulders put in at the back of their property that led to a wooded area. They paid up to $300K for their places and didn't want to listen to all that noise if they wanted to sit outside. Repeated phone calls to the police do no good. The only solution for me seems to go to a 55+ community with a gated entrance.
Friends of mine in East Haven are having similar issues. Dirt bikes, quads, and street bikes zooming up and down their street at all hours. While many neighborhoods in East Haven are very nice, many are also a freakin' circus.

And re: cops, what do you expect? It's East Haven, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut