Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times

Advertisements

Sigh...I know I probably sound like a broken record, but when WHEN will the apathetic public demand more from the politicians that represent them?

8 are now indicted in the Donovan campaign. Of course his hands are clean...if that's the case he's more incompetent and not fit for office than if he did have anything to do with it.

Chris Donovan campaign finance scandal widens with 6 new arrests | Connecticut 5th District

Here is his latest press release:

iseenothing.avi - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
The Republicans may end up winning this seat, espcially if Roraback gets the nod in the primary. Donovan is a dead man walking (even if he doesn't know it yet), and Esty and Roberti are no-names. Even before this scandal broke, I though Donovan was one of the worst politicians in the state (and I'm a life long Dem).

Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Sigh...I know I probably sound like a broken record, but when WHEN will the apathetic public demand more from the politicians that represent them?

8 are now indicted in the Donovan campaign. Of course his hands are clean...if that's the case he's more incompetent and not fit for office than if he did have anything to do with it.

Chris Donovan campaign finance scandal widens with 6 new arrests | Connecticut 5th District

Agreed and repped. Corruption is a nonpartisan issue in Connecticut and both parties need to clean up their acts. CT voters need to demand more.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Agreed and repped. Corruption is a nonpartisan issue in Connecticut and both parties need to clean up their acts. CT voters need to demand more.
Yep, I agree. Corruption has no place in public office.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:45 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
I think JV needs to run for office :-)

Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,797 times
there are about 537 politicians in Washington...

three of them don't take money from lobbyists.

one. two. three.

sigh.

ALL politicians are corrupt.

well, except maybe the three.

what i find even more... frustrating is most voters couldn't name the three and
they're so PARTISAN that they're part of the PROBLEM, not the SOLUTIONS.

a rightwingnutcake will NEVER save you from a tree hugger on a whale, or visa versa.

get freakin' real, Americans. Wake tf up.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,759,960 times
I read yesterday the Joe Ganim is well on this way to getting his law license back. And John Rowland continues to do whatever it is that Rowland does or more of the same.

What is it with Bridgeport and Waterbury- so many of their politicians see becoming an eventual felon as a career choice ? Must be some deep rooted culture of corruption.

CT either has a short memory or is too darn tolerant of nonsense.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I think JV needs to run for office :-)
LOL Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not sure I'm cut out for politics. However, if I did I would work as hard as I could to put myself out of a job. I'm more of a Ron Paul kind of guy and don't bend and tow party lines.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
I'm more of a Ron Paul kind of guy and don't bend and tow party lines.
Me too. He'll get my vote in Nov.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:

Like most members in the "legislature" that is destroying our state, Donovan is bought and paid for by the public employee unions. The only real news here is that somebody is actually being arrested for the routine crookery that these people have been pulling for years. They won't be happy until they've taken every honest penny earned by the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut