Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM

518 posts, read 743,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
CT, too, has cameras installed on their red lights, even in the suburbs!

So, if you think "nobody's around" & you can get away with running
red lights, running stop signs, going left, when it's illegal to turn left on major thoroughfares, & you won't get caught, guess again!

And if you're trying to drive recklessly & think it's "cool" to nearly run over pedestrians when they have the right of way, in a crosswalk,
Reckless Drivers, you ARE being videotaped!

Those cameras are nothing but to let the traffic light know someone is waiting at the light.. It's A lot cheaper to use that then yo dig up the roadway and put a loop sensor in, I once got stuck waiting at a light that did not see my car, since they go frame by frame and waiting for a large change (No headlights, then headlights) I ended up having to turn my headlights off then back on and the light changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM

518 posts, read 743,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Those cameras are not for enforcement, they are for vehicle detection. instead of putting detectors in the pavement, they are now using cameras that can detect when a vehicle entering a set area and provide the proper amount of green time for that approach. Jay

way cheaper to do this then dig up a road!

Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
I don't know if this is going to do any good or not, but it seems that the DMV is changing license requirements for those aged 18 and over. You'll need a 3 month learners permit before taking your first road test. Maybe this will help? Probably not. Conn. changing driver's license requirements - Connecticut Post

Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 PM

88 posts, read 270,646 times
Why do people drive like that over there (east coast)? Massachusetts is the same way. I t-boned a car in Mass. I guess I was suppose to adhere to the universal Mass. code of breaking when someone cuts you off...oops

Out-or-staters are like a box of chocolates. Some are too scared to drive and some drive like it's hunting season. You never know what you're going to get.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:39 PM

239 posts, read 877,539 times
I miss CT drivers since moving to NC (ummm, not including SW CT traffic ... sorry!). I returned for a family visit in November and was reminded- while people drive very fast, they usually (I said USUALLLLLY) observe right-of-way rules, stick to the proper lanes, and made me swear much less than drivers here in Charlotte. I suppose it was probably just because I was used to it, but it was much less stressful. Miss y'all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut